Help! Decals for Korean War SAAF F-51D

quang

Hi everyone,

Roland, an old IPMS friend of mine is looking for this particular decal sheet for an ongoing project.

A5-DAF618-4799-4-F34-8-B85-AB4-E96-D9-D9
The decal manufacturer is LEVOS DECALS in South Africa.

Roland sent an e-mail to LEVOS DECAL but apparently they don’t sell abroad. So he’d need someone living in South Africa to buy the decals and send them to him in Belgium by post. Of course, Roland will pay all the costs involved.

Is there a friendly ;) LSP member living in South Africa who’s willing to help my friend out?

Thank you all in advance.

Cheers,

Quang

I was not aware of these decals, and some of the others they do. Not making any promises let me see what I can try and arrange during next week. South Africa is my place of birth and the first 38 years of my life. I still have contact with some of the ‘LOCAL TRIBESMEN’ that also happen to be modellers, and one even lives in Durban.

Their website is confusing as in one place they say they will ship overseas and that it will be calculated at checkout, but then there is no option when you try that?

I am sure I can work something out, to get some to me and then I can send them on to you. 
Should anyone else be interested do let me know in the next few days, and then I can add to the order perhaps.

Ali

1 hour ago, Marcleon said:

I can help... I'm willing to send overseas... I'm a trusting guy... pay me when you get the decals... Bruce Levine is a friend of mine... Marc

This is great news, Marc. I’ll talk with my friend Roland and PM you later to finalise the details.

Mucho thanks,

Cheers,

Quang

PS: who is Bruce Levine?

Bruce is the Le in Levos decals. He is in Cape Town. Retired now, but a great and helpful modeller. Postage from South Africa (That really inhibits his business) is pretty erratic, as you can imagine in these times! I will source decals from him and forward as I am in Somerset West - only 40 Km away! Decals are computer printed, I have used them and they are good... Regards, Marc.