Hawker Hurricane 1/12 scale scratch build

hurribomber

Thanks guys for the kind words.
My goal is to have the landing gear retractable. That means a lot of turning and milling parts of which I don't have all the detailed drawings.
Luckily I took a lot of pictures at Hawker Restorations!
Finally I have enough time (after my retirement):D!! to use my lathe the milling and drilling machine. In this heat it is comfortable in my basement workshop.

On 8/11/2022 at 1:19 PM, hurribomber said:

Thanks Torben for the kind words. 
It is indeed difficult to get the factory drawings of the hull frames at the moment. I bought them about 10 years ago from Ian Hudson of copyzone for £200.- However, the frames are not measured, but only backed with a scale, like a map. This makes things a bit tricky, as the outside contour has to be exactly right for the stringers to line up!!! The side frames were also included, but with the wrong designation! (Wing formers - instead of fuselage formers).
The only source for original drawings is https://warbirdsrestoration.com/shop/hurricane/hurricane-all/hurricane-drawings/

or http://www.aircraft-reports.com/hawker-aircraft-hurricane-aircraft-blueprints-engineering-drawings-on-dvd-or-download/

If you only need the frames, you can also give me your email address, then I can send you the drawings.

I hope I could help you

Thomas

So much to admire here Thomas - you clearly have the time and skill to bring this off with aplomb! 

Thanks for those reference portal links - I think I’ve got a version of that dvd - the Warbirds might have to wait until I’m feeling a bit richer! 

I will certainly PM you about those fuselage formers!! Thank you for your kind offer :)

Best, Torben

• 1 month later...