AIMS to close

Kagemusha

Hi everyone, thanks for the outpouring of support. Lots of pain today but less shock. Anyway my wife wants to try and learn all the filing and sorting and packing in the hope of being able to keep going a little longer with me just supervising. Likewise SBS have offered to do much more of my casting - they had already started this as most of you know due to my struggling to continue for 15 months now -  but they are willing to do much more. I must now be a backseat driver and wait on other people's timescales and if it becomes obvious in the next few months that this is unworkable then I will look at where that leaves me but as things stand I am just physically incapable of carrying on with any part of AIMS. The hardest part is not the hobby but the health - knowing it is going to get worse not better. Typing is hard so if I do not answer a question please do not think me rude, all the best to you,

J

I wonder if he'd be wiling to part with the masters/molds for his stuff and let someone else work them?  I bet someone would be willing to purchase (or enter into some kind of  agreement to use) his work and subsequently release products under a different label (or maybe they'd also purchase the rights to the name as well).  His stuff is top notch and it would be a real shame to let it go into oblivion when another company could carry on the legacy.  Maybe MDC, or someone further away?  Hopefully, that's an option....

Edited by Juggernut

This is really sad news … it seems such a criminal injustice to see someone with such great skills - AND such a passion for using them - dogged by a debilitating disease that seems to be targeted straight for it!!

John - I hope you find a peace in the middle of this storm! … wishing you victory!!

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69