(Fixed Images) Albatros D.II and Manfred von Richthofen (1/32 Encore models and Model Cellar)

Hello everyone

I reproduced the picture of Richthofen with his comrades and the Albatros D.II, which is one of my favorite pictures of Richthofen. I found the Model Cellar created a wonderful figure from the picture so I decided to build Albatros D.II (Encore models) as well.

According to the notes by his brother Lothar von Richthofen, it seems that the aircraft was painted brown during the period of this photo (November 1916), so I used oil paints to paint over the brown color.

Actually, this is my first post here. I hope you guys enjoy it.

AM-JKLXTbrJuWYK6DLdw8eRHBO9AMWrogv7AX69h

AM-JKLXWTFgLHbNzAqz6GAkfG5GA6u1CMo4AKSBw

AM-JKLUDCUeg0lqYvcKZvmv7q8y-iL5S-x9Mwf9-

AM-JKLUnYattWqR5VNW6ud3_J4S78DRZyS-2mycE

AM-JKLWjqSkcvQ2kZoCm7xDfjA0jWskc5nISGDdo

AM-JKLX4_spmPnsowd--Cl69WBsslHK4aQFd_4VL

AM-JKLXffj-7bTnuUQD-I_L5AGkgxFXktMNM3tDX

Edited by sillymodeler
Fixed image addresses

• sillymodeler changed the title to (Fixed Images) Albatros D.II and Manfred von Richthofen (1/32 Encore models and Model Cellar)
On 5/27/2022 at 7:29 AM, bobster said:

Very nice work. Manfred even has the smile! Impressive and clean build. I noticed that the separation lines of wing colors are not sprayed. How was this done? Thanks for sharing your your work.

Hi @bobster. Thank you for your comment! I attached a torn paper template on the wing with small spaces between them and airbrushed over it. Then I slightly mixed colors on the boundaries with a brush. I have read that they mixed the colors of the boundaries back then, so I tried to imitate it.

By the way, I am now working on a counterpart to this plane, Lanoe Hawker's Airco DH.2 (WNW). I will share it here when it is completed. I hope you will enjoy it too.

On 5/30/2022 at 7:56 AM, sillymodeler said:

Hi @bobster. Thank you for your comment! I attached a torn paper template on the wing with small spaces between them and airbrushed over it. Then I slightly mixed colors on the boundaries with a brush. I have read that they mixed the colors of the boundaries back then, so I tried to imitate it.

By the way, I am now working on a counterpart to this plane, Lanoe Hawker's Airco DH.2 (WNW). I will share it here when it is completed. I hope you will enjoy it too.

That is one technique I would like to file in my memory banks for future use. Thanks for sharing!

• 4 months later...