1/32 A26 upgrades

elric

Hi Ali, are the sets you were doing back in 2020 still an ongoing project please as I would dearly love some cowlings from you plus maybe a better canopy than the kit one

ps love the EE Lightning canopy have ordered one today & will do the same for the Echelon

when it comes.

thanks again

Bob

On 5/18/2022 at 3:40 PM, elric said:

Hi Ali, are the sets you were doing back in 2020 still an ongoing project please as I would dearly love some cowlings from you plus maybe a better canopy than the kit one

ps love the EE Lightning canopy have ordered one today & will do the same for the Echelon

when it comes.

thanks again

Bob

Hi Bob

i stalled on the A-26, partly I lost interest a little and the fixes were becoming longer and longer. As I said in another topic a friend drew the cowlings and they were never quite how I wanted them, close but not quite right. I may try myself but I am still on a steep learning curve on CAD and it is tricky shape to get correct.

Lots of guys are asking to correct the canopy but to get it to look correct, you need to change the fuselage….and so more worms crawl out……

Resin2Detail seem to be moving some corrections forward. And I too have the basis for a corrected fuselage for wing position and other areas, these drawn by Alex Mayer.

As I wrote in another post I am almost at a point, not immediately, but in the future to adapt, parts from the kit make new parts that are partially completed and to bring it all together and produce a full kit. In my mind to get a good invader, you are going to have to replace everything other than the rear most fuselage and the tail planes, and even they could be improved upon.

So to be honest none of this is over inspiring for me right now, BUT perhaps I should haul it down from the loft and have another LOOK.

Thanks for the order, the Echelon canopy will start moving along soon, but will be a lot more work than the Trumpter ‘fix up’ one…..

thanks for letting me know the lay of things Ali, the cowling might be worth it as there are a few of us that would like them for reno racer projects as well as the A26

& if no one makes a new canopy by the time I build my A26 then I will try a plung mould myself

cheers Bob

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2022 at 12:51 AM, Ali62 said:

Hi Bob

i stalled on the A-26, partly I lost interest a little and the fixes were becoming longer and longer. As I said in another topic a friend drew the cowlings and they were never quite how I wanted them, close but not quite right. I may try myself but I am still on a steep learning curve on CAD and it is tricky shape to get correct.

Lots of guys are asking to correct the canopy but to get it to look correct, you need to change the fuselage….and so more worms crawl out……

Resin2Detail seem to be moving some corrections forward. And I too have the basis for a corrected fuselage for wing position and other areas, these drawn by Alex Mayer.

As I wrote in another post I am almost at a point, not immediately, but in the future to adapt, parts from the kit make new parts that are partially completed and to bring it all together and produce a full kit. In my mind to get a good invader, you are going to have to replace everything other than the rear most fuselage and the tail planes, and even they could be improved upon.

So to be honest none of this is over inspiring for me right now, BUT perhaps I should haul it down from the loft and have another LOOK.

Thanks for the order, the Echelon canopy will start moving along soon, but will be a lot more work than the Trumpter ‘fix up’ one…..

You are talking about the biggest modeling dissapointment of my life(the HB Invader),i was waiting 20 years for such kit only to see it done either from...fashion designers(!),or from...drunk people(!!),with all these mistakes,if any1 goes for a new kit i ll be the 1st on the line for it