1/32 GWH Curtiss Hawk 81 “Flying Tigers”

Great result Tolga! :clap2:

A friend gave me a 1/32 Hasegawa P-40E Warhawk which I’m planning to build next.
Compared to the 21st-century GWH kit, the aging Hasegawa can be considered ‘inferior’ but only slightly and even if one doesn’t take in account the hidden details of the interior that most modellers wouldn’t care about.

So I’d say bring us more quality kits like the GWH P-40B but spare us the invisible features and the bogus bonus.
At the same time, they also can lower the retail price and make them more affordable. :innocent:

Cheers,

Quang

19 minutes ago, quang said:

Great result Tolga! :clap2:

Thanks Quang appreciated.

A friend gave me a 1/32 Hasegawa P-40E Warhawk which I’m planning to build next.
Compared to the 21st-century GWH kit, the aging Hasegawa can be considered ‘inferior’ but only slightly and even if one doesn’t take in account the hidden details of the interior that most modellers wouldn’t care about.

Yes, The Hasegawa kit has aged a bit, but it still pleases me. When Eduard's instrument panel and seatbelts are added in the cockpit, I think the result is quite successful. Also, one of the best aspects is that the windscreen and cockpit rear side windows come with a part of the fuselage rather than a separate window part. This brings it pretty close to reality.
However, due to commercial concerns and cost reduction, the multi-part fuselage needs necessary sandings and rescribing. This is the annoying part

So I’d say bring us more quality kits like the GWH P-40B but spare us the invisible features and the bogus bonus.
At the same time, they also can lower the retail price and make them more affordable. :innocent:

Cheers,

Quang

Absolutely agreed. But In global inflationary conditions, there are serious increases in the unit cost of everything, which damages our hopes.

Still keep hoping

Cheers

7 hours ago, ChuckD said:

I really enjoy all of your work, Tolga.  I don't comment on every one of your posts, but I do read them and enjoy them.  Thank you for sharing your work and your efforts!

Thanks Chuck, much appreciated

• 3 months later...