Thunderbolt Mk II in Burma (Hasegawa 1:32) - FINISHED

MikeC

Dang, this is a cool build! 

Burma is really the forgotten zone of the war! Hell, in Burma, the M3 Lee and Grant were used until the end of the war.  In jungle fighting, against purely infantry the Lee/Grant is arguably a better tank than the Sherman. The 37mm gun could sling canister at a very high rate. Very useful in close in fighting.

I had no idea the RAF flew Jugs there. 

Edited by JeepsGunsTanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And it's done.  Actually, it was finished a while ago, but I haven't had the spare capacity to sort out posting the pics until now.

I usually say at this point that I'll do the RFI shots shortly.  What actually happens is that I write the model on a list headed "'Beauty shot' photos to do" which sits on a notice-board near my modelling bench.  This will be number 6 (I think) on that list. :sorry:

Anyway, here you go.  In the first pic, eagle-eyed readers may be able to tell what my next project will be.

20220724-120122.jpg

20220724-120221-2.jpg

20220724-120204.jpg

20220724-120246-2.jpg

Any feedback, including constructive criticism, welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by MikeC

• MikeC changed the title to Thunderbolt Mk II in Burma (Hasegawa 1:32) - FINISHED

these schemes look pretty good, even if they lack a lot of the glamour of the US NMF birds

looks well put together

camo job has some interest to it

suggestions / personal preference

it's waaay too clean for me

i still consider myself a 'learner' where aircraft weathering is concerned, but i think you have a great canvas with these RAF Bolts and for me the overall effect looks rather plain given the lack of grime

this could be where you could really go to town with oils, and the beauty of that medium is that if you f*ck it up, you just wipe clean with mineral spirits (assuming you haven't painted with enamels!) and start over - that's your "Ctrl+Z" ; and if you do some bits you really like, you just shoot some MRP semi gloss over the relevant area as a "Ctrl+S"

anyway, I hope that is useful for either this or a future build

thanks for sharing

Nick