Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190D-9 Late "Brown 4"

Thunnus

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 12:02 PM, Thunnus said:

Thank you Jay! I'll probably be leaning on you a bit for my new project since I know so little of Allied aircraft.

Oh you know I look forward to helping when/if I can.  You have certainly helped me.  Man what an outstanding Dora! 

On 11/19/2022 at 4:29 PM, Mark M said:

OMG this is awesome you should be very proud 

Thank you very much!  Glad to have finished this one as I've been planning on doing Brown 4 for a long time.

On 11/19/2022 at 9:05 PM, Dpgsbody55 said:

That really does look awesome.  Great work.  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Thank you so much, Michael!

On 11/19/2022 at 9:45 PM, zaxos345 said:

What a beauty!!! 

My compliments John!!! 

John

Thanks John!  Appreciate the comments!

On 11/20/2022 at 12:05 AM, Greif8 said:

Outstanding work John!  I have the utmost respect for your skills!

Ernest

Thanks Ernest!  Just trying to build and learn from a great group of modelers here at LSP.

On 11/20/2022 at 12:13 AM, Nighthawk Calling 1 said:

Just outstanding work, so realistic.

Thank you!

On 11/20/2022 at 3:37 PM, Francis said:

That is really amazing. Really love the the overall look.

Thank you!  I've made some interpretive choices regarding the camo scheme so it may not align with other builds or color profiles of this plane.

On 12/18/2022 at 6:42 AM, Tolga ULGUR said:

For some reason I can't see the pictures unfortunately. But today I just saw in what's new.

A really masterpiece:clap2:

Thank you very much Tolga!  Especially from another Dora fan!

19 hours ago, JayW said:

Oh you know I look forward to helping when/if I can.  You have certainly helped me.  Man what an outstanding Dora! 

Thanks Jay!  My P-47D build is in its early stages but I've already drawn some inspiration from you and have started scouring the Aircorps Library files.

1 hour ago, Thunnus said:

I've already drawn some inspiration from you and have started scouring the Aircorps Library files.

Outstanding!  That collection seems about 100% complete, and very few are of poor enough quality that they cannot be read (sometimes a problem when trying to reproduce very old micro-filmed drawings).  If this is the first time you have seen engineering drawings and their system of component parts and used-on assemblies, and effectivity blocks, and other important elements of drawings, then it can be confusing.  I am so willing to help if you need it.  It's "right in my wheelhouse".     

• 1 month later...

For those of you who have admired John's build in this thread, I'm pleased to announce that we've just released it as an eBook:

https://www.klp.com.au/product/building-the-hasegawa-fw-190d-9-in-1-32-scale/

8dvyXI.jpg

The book not only includes a distilled, curated, organised, and highly-edited version of John's wonderful build, but also original profile artwork from Eagle Editions and JaPo Publishing, and we've also included the digital cut files John used to create the paint masks.

342 pages, 18 Australian pesos. Bargain!

Kev