Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190D-9 Late "Brown 4"

Thunnus

On 11/13/2022 at 9:11 AM, Uncarina said:

This is a feast for the eyes! Very inspiring work John.

I second that motion.  This is the first swastika build I have ever followed (call it my life-long bias).  It will not be my last, although it is the modeler that I am following, more than the model.  John your build of this absolutely nasty looking fighter plane just puts a smile to my face.  

if I need inspiration when I'm stalling with my Dora project, I open this discussion... and I realize that I will never reach these levels of cleanliness and beauty, thanks for sharing your work with so many details and explanations!

here I was a bit perplexed: "On the port landing gear retraction arm, I've added a small wire to represent the tail wheel retraction cable." but I guess you meant only on the starboard side, as you did on the model... I'm right, or better, starboard? :)

cheers, Paolo

Thanks everyone!  Always happy to receive comments!

14 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Absolutely beautiful build John.  I'm always blown away by every one of your builds, I hope to reach your level some day.

I noticed that P-51K in the stash. Is that a hint for a future build?

Matt 

Thanks Matt!  I picked up the Mustang from Tamiya because of the discount.  I wanted to take a break from my normal Luftwaffe menu and do another Allied fighter.  The Mustang was my first choice but I've since changed direction and will be doing another P- fighter instead!  But yes, a Mustang somewhere in the future!

2 hours ago, JayW said:

I second that motion.  This is the first swastika build I have ever followed (call it my life-long bias).  It will not be my last, although it is the modeler that I am following, more than the model.  John your build of this absolutely nasty looking fighter plane just puts a smile to my face.  

Thank you Jay! I'll probably be leaning on you a bit for my new project since I know so little of Allied aircraft.

2 hours ago, mc65 said:

if I need inspiration when I'm stalling with my Dora project, I open this discussion... and I realize that I will never reach these levels of cleanliness and beauty, thanks for sharing your work with so many details and explanations!

here I was a bit perplexed: "On the port landing gear retraction arm, I've added a small wire to represent the tail wheel retraction cable." but I guess you meant only on the starboard side, as you did on the model... I'm right, or better, starboard? :)

cheers, Paolo

Thank you Paolo!  Ad yes you are correct, STARBOARD side for that tail wheel retraction cable.  I always get confused when the model is upside down! :D