Can Supersonic flight be sustainable?

Interesting video ...

So, would these aircraft be considered "stealth" since they would have a much less prominent "boom" ..?

Thanks for the link Maru ...

~Gregg

Interesting.  Loved the Concorde nostalgia, but "Overture" lost, for me, all credibility when at 04:55 the billboard says "Mac 1.7".  If you don't even know it's "MACH", or you do but you don't pay attention to such detail, it does not bode well!

But as for Concorde, my last house was on the approach to Filton, Bristol, and occasionally a Concorde (presumably coming in for major maintenance) would come right over us on long finals.  Happy days.

In an age where the Internet has made such a huge difference to human interactions and the development of international business, it is a little difficult to see the expense of supersonic travel being entertained. Maybe it will only be used for very "special" occasions, when the meeting has a genuine, immovable face-to-face requirement.

Cheers.

Chris.  

Boeing’s abandoned Sonic Cruiser concept was interesting. They thought that nudging the sound barrier with efficient engines and aerodynamics could provide an attractive alternative to increasingly large jumbos. 9/11 killed the project. 

Cheers,

Adam

5 hours ago, adameliclem said:

Boeing’s abandoned Sonic Cruiser concept was interesting. They thought that nudging the sound barrier with efficient engines and aerodynamics could provide an attractive alternative to increasingly large jumbos. 9/11 killed the project. 

Cheers,

Adam

Yes and they switched development over to what became the 787 Dreamliner ...

-Gregg

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2022 at 9:47 PM, MikeC said:

.. my last house was on the approach to Filton, Bristol, ...

Then may I sincerely apologise for the racket we used to make, doing all our base checks there* :)

* (in a Citation, not Concorde!) 

Edited by Sepp
Spelling, as usual.

9 minutes ago, Sepp said:

Then may I sincerely apopogise for the racket we used to make, doing all our base checks there* :)

* (in a Citation, not Concorde!) 

I'm an aviation geek, I assure you no apology is needed. :)  :piliot: