Shizokua 2022 info

do335b6

I so hope Tamiya decides to announce another "super kit" in advance (one that typically turns out to be a motorcycle or a 48th scale subject).   That way we can all enjoy another 20-page thread dedicated to wish lists and insider knowledge posts on what is really going on in Mr. T's head.   

Fingers crossed boys! 

Give them a few more days.  HLJ will probably produce their usual 2 or 3 videos showing most of the content at the show.

I look forward to those videos at every major hobby show in Japan, every year.

There's stuff on Youtube right now, but not large scale plane specific.

4 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Try Hobby Dengeki's website. They have a page with links to the various models that were displayed by manufacturer.

https://hobby.dengeki.com/hobby-shizuoka/

Carl

Hi Carl,

Thank you for that link. I see that ZM displayed in-progress models of their Fw-190 and Ki-100  next to the new Henschel Hs-129B-3. Good times.

Cheers,

Adam

9 hours ago, John1 said:

I so hope Tamiya decides to announce another "super kit" in advance (one that typically turns out to be a motorcycle or a 48th scale subject).   That way we can all enjoy another 20-page thread dedicated to wish lists and insider knowledge posts on what is really going on in Mr. T's head.   

Fingers crossed boys! 

Unfortunately, no super kits have been announced. Tamiyablog has a full list of what they do have coming out. 

https://tamiyablog.com/

11 hours ago, John1 said:

Fingers crossed boys! 

Nah, it'll be another 109, 190 or a corsair.

Tim

17 hours ago, adameliclem said:

I, for one, welcome our new Swimming Sea Otter Overlords.

The 1/48 P-38J looks great. 

Adam

That P-38 is the "big news" for Tamiya aircraft kits at this particular show.

And I'm sure it's one heck of a nice it.

I'm pretty sure Tamiya are out of the business of making 1/32 aircraft kits, though that could change at any time on a whim; you never know.

Well Tamiya seems to have missed the chance for the 109 and the 190; ZM has stolen a march on them. This only applies if one considers the Me-109 or FW-190 an iconic German airplane. Not sure Tamiya wants to, or will go head-to-head with ZM on these.

Very disappointed with Tamiya here.  The P-38J was announced a while back, I don't think a single new tool major kit was announced by Tamiya that was not already announced at the german virtual show in February.