F-4E Phantom II Hellenic Air Force Tamiya 1:32

Koralik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Amazing build! Congratulations, you can be truly proud..

If I may ask, did you modify the cockpit to the Greek F-4 cockpit? If so, do you mind posting some pics here please. I am currently busy building one too and the cockpit proves to be quite challenging. Will be nice to see your approach to it.

Regards

Victor

3 hours ago, Horrido109 said:

If I may ask, did you modify the cockpit to the Greek F-4 cockpit? If so, do you mind posting some pics here please. I am currently busy building one too and the cockpit proves to be quite challenging. Will be nice to see your approach to it.

Regards

Victor

I make most of the models to order.
They are always models straight out of the box. Of course, I try to make small differences on the outside, such as antenna arrangement, etc., be consistent with the original.
The cockpit in this particular model remained the same as in the Tamiya set.

1 hour ago, Koralik said:

I make most of the models to order.
They are always models straight out of the box. Of course, I try to make small differences on the outside, such as antenna arrangement, etc., be consistent with the original.
The cockpit in this particular model remained the same as in the Tamiya set.

Oh ok.. Thanks

4 hours ago, Horrido109 said:

Regards

Victor

hi 

I presume that you are talking about the AUP cockpit ??. I am also thinking  about the feasibility of this version .. that said , there is a conversion set ,( cockpit etc .....) you can find it on E bay ..... but this conversion ( IMHO ) is .....a base for a "sharper " set , indeed the details at least for the cockpit , are ..........soft 

Alain

21 hours ago, alain11 said:

hi 

I presume that you are talking about the AUP cockpit ??. I am also thinking  about the feasibility of this version .. that said , there is a conversion set ,( cockpit etc .....) you can find it on E bay ..... but this conversion ( IMHO ) is .....a base for a "sharper " set , indeed the details at least for the cockpit , are ..........soft 

Alain

Hi Alain,

Yes, all Greek F-4's that were painted in the Ghost paint scheme had the AUP cockpit, unlike the earlier paint schemes that still had the original cockpit. With the AUP upgrade came the new paint scheme. I couldn't find a proper AUP resin conversion so I just decided to scratch build it myself instead. I am quite happy with the result so far and should be done in a week or so. One of the biggest differences, apart from the screens, is the new HUD and front instrument coaming.

Not to hijack Koralik's thread here, I will be posting a work in progress thread here on LSP soon.

AUP cockpit:

FRONT

2.jpg

REAR:

1.jpg

Edited by Horrido109
Content

1 hour ago, alain11 said:

I am eager to see your WIP ;)

Here are just a few pictures of the front instrument panel. I am almost done with it and hope to finish the rear cockpit soon. I made it from close up pictures of the real aircraft and tried to get it as accurate as possible:

F-1.jpg

F-3.jpg

F-4.jpg

F-5.jpg

F-6.jpg

I'' be starting a WIP thread next week..