ZM Henschel Hs.129B-3 pics

Kagemusha

1 hour ago, npb748r said:

I like books as much as kits so thought I would look up this book as I don't know anything about the aircraft. Searched google and the first shopping advert for the book popped up with a price tag of £507.09 !!!!!  Stuff that, I will remain ignorant of said aircraft, that's about a weeks work of the gas bill :D 

Get it cheaper off the publisher Chandos Publications …

https://www.chandospublications.co.uk

Rog :)

1 hour ago, npb748r said:

I like books as much as kits so thought I would look up this book as I don't know anything about the aircraft. Searched google and the first shopping advert for the book popped up with a price tag of £507.09 !!!!!  Stuff that, I will remain ignorant of said aircraft, that's about a weeks work of the gas bill :D 

This is very probably the price of the the original edition (that is OOP for more than 15 years).

So I researched this a little, I have no interest in this variant, to me it is just totally insignificant.  I would want a more broadly used variant of the HS-129 like a B1 or B2 as used on the eastern front.  However there are lost of other projects to get excited about, the G-14 they are doing looks impressive.  I am also interested in their 190 series.  I really like the A3 - A6 versions and will likely buy and build one.  

1 hour ago, cbk57 said:

So I researched this a little, I have no interest in this variant, to me it is just totally insignificant.  I would want a more broadly used variant of the HS-129 like a B1 or B2 as used on the eastern front.  However there are lost of other projects to get excited about, the G-14 they are doing looks impressive.  I am also interested in their 190 series.  I really like the A3 - A6 versions and will likely buy and build one.  

I guess its each to their own, as this is the ONLY variant I have been waiting for, and to me this is a much more interesting model to make, as I find 0 interest in things that are more broadly used and much more widely seen. I have the earlier B-2 kit w/a Shatton B-3 conversion and its an amazing piece of modeling. If that kit fits 1/2 as good as their Ki-45 it will be a fun model to put together.

All mileage will vary I guess!  

On 5/12/2022 at 12:48 AM, Dpgsbody55 said:

I'm much more interested in the FW-190 in the background.  Hopefully that gets released before years end as I don't have one in LSP.

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Dengeki posted some images of the Fw-190 in-progress on their Shizokua 2022 round-up page. Also on display, a mock-up of ZM’s forthcoming Kawasaki Ki-100. 

Cheers,

Adam

10 hours ago, adameliclem said:

Hi Michael,

Dengeki posted some images of the Fw-190 in-progress on their Shizokua 2022 round-up page. Also on display, a mock-up of ZM’s forthcoming Kawasaki Ki-100. 

Cheers,

Adam

Thanks for posting that link, Adam.  The FW-190 looks great and is a must buy for me.  The Ki-100 looks interesting too.  Good to see Z-M developing new kits like this.

Cheers,

Michael

On 5/13/2022 at 4:12 PM, Out2gtcha said:

I guess its each to their own, as this is the ONLY variant I have been waiting for, and to me this is a much more interesting model to make, as I find 0 interest in things that are more broadly used and much more widely seen. I have the earlier B-2 kit w/a Shatton B-3 conversion and its an amazing piece of modeling. If that kit fits 1/2 as good as their Ki-45 it will be a fun model to put together.

All mileage will vary I guess!  

There is something about airplane modeling that seems some people are drawn more to the unusual.  Typically I want to model the most used variant of a combat aircraft.  It is very much a taste thing.  Zoukei so far has shown a taste for the unusual considering their first release was the Shinden, followed by the Ta-152 and then the Horten or the Anteater, I forget which.  I like the historical story that surrounds a combat plane and pilot so that tends to draw me toward the beaten track but I prefer a story with my build.  

Edited by cbk57

16 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

There is something about airplane modeling that seems some people are drawn more to the unusual.  Typically I want to model the most used variant of a combat aircraft.  It is very much a taste thing.  Zoukei so far has shown a taste for the unusual considering their first release was the Shinden, followed by the Ta-152 and then the Horten or the Anteater, I forget which.  I like the historical story that surrounds a combat plane and pilot so that tends to draw me toward the beaten track but I prefer a story with my build.  

I have a close friend here in town who builds just like that and loves the research and story.....

It's all good! 

13 hours ago, Magneto said:

Yes, East Prussia 1945 p281 - 295

You are referring to the old 1997 edition, not the new 2019 one - in the revised 2019 release, these pages cover most of the appendix, the bibliography, and the index.

The information present on the development and use of the B-3 on p. 281 - 295 in the old 1997 edition is also contained integrally in the new 2019 edition, but has been split up over two chapters: Chapter 7: New Weapons, new variants for the development, and Chapter 18: Rumania Changes sides for the operational part. While the text has been re-written somewhat in the new edition, there is no really new information compared to the old edition. Chapter 19: What will 1945 Bring? from the revised 2019 mentions strength returns of 1 January 1945 showing seven B-3s present with 13.(Pz.)/SG 9 at Schippenbeil, and the capture of three disabled B-3s from that unit by the Soviets at Schippenbeil on 22 January 1945, together with three photographs of one of the machines (W.Nr 160252, the only known photos of an operational B-3 ). This information is an addition to the 2019 revision, but apart from that, there is no further further coverage of the operational use of the B-3 compared to the 1997 original.

Edited by pvanroy
Clarification - specific for B-3