1/32 Tanmodel F-5A series?

ALF18

Does anyone have any news on Tanmodel? They announced work on a 1/32 scale F-5A/B series ages ago. When I go to their site, I can't see any products, let alone updates on the F-5s. Anyone know what's happening with this company?

ALF

9 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Actually it looks a Su-33 was the most advanced LSP project they designed but as the others it looks it followed the fate of the dodo...

Agree with Thierry's assessment.

They really burst onto the modelling scene a few years ago with the CAD of their proposed 1/32 SU-33 which was plastered all over model magazines at the time and then, they just disappeared as quickly without trace. I remember thinking at the time that it was a massively ambitious project for a company who had produced just one 1/48 OK(ish) kit of the RF-84 to be taking on a subject and project of that magnitude.

In the current economic environment, I would not be too optimistic that they will ever re-appear either.

Gary

"

22/05/2021, 16:44

You sent

Hey guys, are you still intending to stay in the modelling business? Haven't heard anything from you for a while

22/05/2021, 20:42

Tanmodel

Tanmodel
Hi Breaker. We are ok and working on some projects. Thanks for your kind interest.

That was my last update, a year ago! 

Is there any evidence or suggestion that 'Tan Model' morphed into 'Jetmads'....? I ask given they are (were) both based in Istanbul and I understand, subject to confirmation, that Tan Model also produced resin (commercial) models as well as plastic kits.

Gary