Dragon 1/48 Ju 88 G-1

Cheetah11

Work and life in general got in the way of modeling since early December last year. To get my mojo back I grabbed an old kit from the stash. 

The kit was build from the box. Only additions Eduard seat belts and new radar antennas from Albion tubes. The kit ones were broken and upon a visit to my local hobby shop the owner Julian suggested the Albion tube set. Diameters .3mm, .5mm and .7mm  and they slide into one another !!!!!!

The markings are of the G-1 flown by Maj Paul Semrau in spring 1944 and were made using the Silhouette cutter. Enjoy.

522-D9-C5-F-8354-4878-B30-E-B9-CDDA400-B

64280-AFA-E929-4-C88-A8-DF-7-F9-B0-A6415

668-DC50-E-EEEF-48-A2-9527-1-D0-F47256-A

7130-C3-DB-DFE3-4-F37-BAEC-56-FCC76-C69-

D36-FBCF5-7953-4817-AF03-672605791798.jp

Cheers

Nick

Edited by Cheetah11

• 1 month later...

How was the kit to build? I've heard in the distant past that this kit has fit issues.  I'd love a Ju88G-1/6 but the option in 1/32 is just not there any longer so if I want one at some point, I'll need to source the 1/48 kit.

3 hours ago, Juggernut said:

How was the kit to build? I've heard in the distant past that this kit has fit issues.  I'd love a Ju88G-1/6 but the option in 1/32 is just not there any longer so if I want one at some point, I'll need to source the 1/48 kit.

Hi Juggernaut

The kit is typical of the era. Some panel lines, such as the flap demarcation line on top of the wing, are a little soft, but they can easily be scribed a little deeper. It is not a modern Tamiya in terms of fit but if you dry fit and clean up the inner edges  of the wings the fit is passable with only a little filler required. This was the forth Ju 88 I have build and every time it gets easier.  On the G-6 the fit between engine end wings also needs to be adjusted with a bit of plastic card. On the G-1 it is fine.

Overall a little work but I enjoyed each of these kits.

Cheers

Nick