1/32 F-14 undercarriage sets for Tamiya and Trumpeter kits now RELEASED, AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE

Ali62

• Ali62 changed the title to 1/32 F-14 undercarriage sets for Tamiya and Trumpeter kits now RELEASED, AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE

Hi Guys 

These sets are now available to purchase, I will be following up on all that sent me direct emails and or messages. Do not worry there will be enough for everyone, I have got a small first batch which will be released next week, as I have just finalised some of the 3D parts, I needed to fine tune some of them once I received the first batch of brass casting, so they now need to be printed. Further orders will follow as I receive more brass sets from the casters, but the sooner you order the sooner you will receive.

This project certainly turned out to n]be more complex than I anticipated at the outset. There have been quite a few changes along the way and it has been tricky to get the tolerances right on such small parts that all need to fit in and around each other.

You will notice some added parts and detail from the original images shown.

The nose wheel set is basically common between the Tamiya and the Trumpeter, with just a few adapters. I needed to amend the main undercarriage brass parts on the Trumpeter set, and the brass parts now locate directly in the side and the roof of the wheel bay.

NOTE I HAVE ONLY DONE THE STANDARD POSITION AND NOT THE LAUNCH STANCE SETS. I received very little interest in these, I may very well do launch nose struts in a future release for the Trumpeter kit, so if you do want that option PLEASE EMAIL ME at aerocraftmodels@gmail.com

Direct links

Tamiya  https://aerocraftmodels.bigcartel.com/product/grumman-f-14a-tomcat-replacement-undercarriage-set-for-the-tamiya-kit

Trumpeter https://aerocraftmodels.bigcartel.com/product/grumman-f-14a-and-d-tomcat-replacement-undercarriage-set-for-the-trumpeter-kit

01615FED-7569-4982-9A49-CA494D99BC5F

62525585-273C-4995-A55D-4337B3A8E4A2

EAFDEA6E-4146-4011-9373-AB47DC765BBF

On 6/24/2022 at 10:49 PM, iaf-man said:

Great news!!!

Ali-will any of these fit the Revell kit?

Just out of curiosity

Hi 

I am not 100% sure but I would use the Tamiya set if I was you to try as it should be fairly easy to adapt the wheel bays to accept the more square and robust anchor points.

However you would be on your own to adjust all to get everything to fit.

cheers Ali

• 2 weeks later...

I received two sets of Trumpeter legs from Ali this morning. These sets are just SUPERB!

I genuinely believe he's outdone himself on this occasion. The brass legs are smooth, strong and great-looking. The 3-D printed parts are tiny and beautifully-done, too.  They are a very big upgrade from Trumpy's kit-supplied legs and well-worth the money, IMHO.  

Cheers. 

Chris. 

19 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

I received two sets of Trumpeter legs from Ali this morning. These sets are just SUPERB!

I genuinely believe he's outdone himself on this occasion. The brass legs are smooth, strong and great-looking. The 3-D printed parts are tiny and beautifully-done, too.  They are a very big upgrade from Trumpy's kit-supplied legs and well-worth the money, IMHO.  

Cheers. 

Chris. 

Thank you for the kind words Chris, those that are waiting for their sets, that do not have dispatched emails as yet, more brass should be with me in about a week to ten days, then I will mail them to you.

On 7/26/2022 at 9:51 PM, Confusionreigns178 said:

Cheers. 

Chris. 

Agree wholeheartedly. My for-Trumpeter set arrived last week and it looks super.

F/A-18 cantilever MLG to fit the 1/32 Academy legacy Hornets would also be handy. (The 1/48 scale ones look the business.)

Tony 

• 1 month later...

@Ali62

Sorry for being late in getting back here, been away and come home to find my landing gear set for the Trump waiting for me.

All i can say is forget cast typemetal, so happyB) with the quality of this set, the detail and parts fit is amazing, cheers mate, was more than worth waiting for.

Thanks Ali for providing us with a landing gear option that far excells the quality of the other options available.  The fine resin cast work is outstanding, one very happy Austalian customer!!!!

My recommendation, if you dont get this L/G option, your are mad.