1/32 F-14 undercarriage sets for Tamiya and Trumpeter kits now RELEASED, AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE

Ali62

Guys 

Here is my plan for the undercarriage parts for the kits. I decided to get the best results ‘hopefully’ price, details and strength I would redraw the main parts so that I can offer a set that will have brass parts and 3D printed parts that can be used with the kit parts, and the obviously further detailed and upgraded by the modellers that choose to do that.

The first picture shows some of the parts from my first trial print. The final brass parts will be developed from the final 3D printed parts and cast by the brass casting company, the grey parts will be supplied as 3D printed parts. Final tweaks still and details need to be made and more parts will be added to the 3D resin parts to complete the sets.

I hope to have these available within June.

I anticipate the price will be in the region of £25.00 to £30.00 per set, with no fixed obligation on your part an email on your interest in any of the sets would assist me greatly for planning 

please email me at aerocraftmodels@gmail.com

you will have 4 choices

Tamiya standard configuration 

Tamiya launch configuration 

Trumpeter standard configuration 

Trumpeter launch configuration 

cheers Ali

A927F56F-6A7A-4447-A954-CEE04AC521B6 D77357AC-3245-44D4-8352-8F55FFC3152A 54D7FA22-CF5D-44A0-936D-F0B90D19B327 F3C8EADC-CA1C-43E2-8CEE-2EF9B303D1D4 AC6D2CAF-F970-447D-935A-11F5ED05B0F7 B5578AB4-3657-4017-B68C-EDA50523D505 4AE1BDA9-D851-4DDD-B75E-B365DCC7AC14

Edited by Ali62
Add link

• 2 weeks later...

Alistair,

You can count me in for 2 sets, one for Tamiya standard and one set for Trumpy also standard. I like how you are approaching these as the only possible way to improve it is if hydro lines were included. I have even considered dumping the G Factor set I do have and getting a third set for Tamiya from you.

Regards,

Chris the cabbie

P.S. Any chance you might consider making a set of undernose chin pods and early 7 grill Vulcan gun vent? Or the early boat tail for the 74 evacuation deployment by VF1 Wolfpack to Vietnam????? No one has done these items in 32 scale that I have ever seen and might give the other companies a good kick in the arse!

Edited by Cabbie
adding info

2 hours ago, Cabbie said:

Alistair,

You can count me in for 2 sets, one for Tamiya standard and one set for Trumpy also standard. I like how you are approaching these as the only possible way to improve it is if hydro lines were included. I have even considered dumping the G Factor set I do have and getting a third set for Tamiya from you.

Regards,

Chris the cabbie

P.S. Any chance you might consider making a set of undernose chin pods and early 7 grill Vulcan gun vent? Or the early boat tail for the 74 evacuation deployment by VF1 Wolfpack to Vietnam????? No one has done these items in 32 scale that I have ever seen and might give the other companies a good kick in the arse!

Thanks Chris, I am still finalising the design and trying to ensure that the brass and the 3D parts will all work out the way I have planned, real is very different to great looking CAD drawings, but it is coming together.

Due to the way I have it it would be almost impossible to add the hydraulic lines. I was shown a set that another company has developed in 1/48 scale for the Su-27, it looks like an amazing set, lines and all BUT then it is ALL 3D printed with a simple straight metal rod through the middle. One it looks amazing, second I am not at that skill level on CAD / printing, well not as yet, and lastly I was asked for brass u/c for strength so that is what I am trying to achieve. 
I also add hydraulic lines to one of my early brass sets for the 1/24 Hellcat, and with that I had quite a few guys complaining, so you can never please everybody.

I have started looking at this new approach as the brass casting pricing has rocketed, also as I do more sets I am finding that the delicate parts do not cast well, or bend and scissor linkages etc. just get in the way and cause issues for the brass casters. So in a few words I am trying out some new ideas to try improve the situation all round, acceptable product to ‘most’, price conscious for the customer, and make it worthwhile for me to make.

For further ideas and requests, like I say to many guys, although I have a good idea about many parts and aspects of a wide range of subjects and have quite a lot of references and do lots of research for sets I do make, I OFTEN NEED HELP.

So those that supply some pictures and or references to me of what needs changing from what exists to what they want, then I can access it. 
For ideas please email those to me, EMAIL ONLY. aerocraftmodels@gmail.com

Even then I cannot promise I will do every request, but supplied information certainly helps:)

Thank you for your comments and input, it is good because then from time to time it forces me to write replies like this that helps you guys to understand how and why I make decisions.

cheers Ali

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, iaf-man said:

Great news!!!

Ali-will any of these fit the Revell kit?

Just out of curiosity

No idea to be honest, I am using kit parts that are on loan to me for the two kits, and this alone has and is being enough of a challenge. I am doing some parts in brass, some will be 3D printed and then others you will be required to use parts from the kits. So the combinations become endless, with all the parts that make up these u/c sets.

If I was to choose one of the sets to MAKE fit say the Revell kit, I would go for the Tamiya set. The reason being without knowing what you get in the Revell wheel bays it will be much easier to create ‘sockets’ in the wheel bays for the U/C parts to be located in.

it is quite interesting to see how Trumpeter copied many ideas from the Tamiya kit, and then put their own spin on it, but mostly I say the Tamiya design is better, but Trumpeter win with better crisper detail being the newer kit.

This is great news. I'll be ordering a set for my Tamiya Cat. I've ordered several of your enhancement parts @Ali62 and have not been disappointed.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Alistair,

Email sent regarding F-14 U/C set.

Also would you consider doing something similar for the Revell F-18 Super Hornet main U/C, I believe it's quite a weak.

Another weak part on the kit that would benefit from being cast in metal, is the part that holds the tail-plane.

Cheers John  

7 hours ago, BiggAl said:

Hi Alistair,

Email sent regarding F-14 U/C set.

Also would you consider doing something similar for the Revell F-18 Super Hornet main U/C, I believe it's quite a weak.

Another weak part on the kit that would benefit from being cast in metal, is the part that holds the tail-plane.

Cheers John  

I'd second that request and be a guaranteed customer.

Cheers,

Tom

Yes, I'm definitely in for a Standard Trumpeter Set as emailed yesterday.  (Tamiya Standard also, later, depending on how long these might be available.) 

Tony