16th Scale Sherman

Ryan

1 hour ago, eoyguy said:

That would be cool. That is interesting as the parts diagram on the box seems to show T-80's.

I have the SOL kit half finished, if this one turns out to be decent I'm sure I will add it to the stash as well.

I have the SOL kit as well, the Korean war tracks put me off building it.

10 hours ago, Zola25 said:

So, 1/16 Jagdpanther (w/interior), 1/16 Sherman, 1/200 Yamato - I NEED a bigger house :rolleyes:

Yep, the Jagdpanther does appear to have a complete interior, as complete as Trumpeter ever makes them anyway.

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

I have the SOL kit as well, the Korean war tracks put me off building it.

I bought a set of Tamiya T-80's to make it a late war version. I would love to have gotten a set of the Impact T-66's, but they were very spendy. I have some good pics of late war Shermans with the T-80's. You could always build 'Fury' with the Rubber chevron kit tracks. 

I saw this video when i got up this morning.  Good to see this coming out, I don:t know if I want one, but happy for those that do.  I just don:t know that I am going to go down the road of big armor.  I have had some interest in doing a North Africa Panzer I or II in 1/16.  Once you get to tanks as big or bigger than the Panzer III and in turn the Sherman not sure I want to go there.    

49 minutes ago, Zola25 said:

Really cool - I wonder if it is not the exact same kit as the one that started this thread..;)

Well the Stugs were not the same kits, hopefully these are different.

Now, as we are never content, how bout some VVS sprung ones. :)

4 hours ago, Zola25 said:

Really cool - I wonder if it is not the exact same kit as the one that started this thread..;)

I can't believe that its not. 3 stugs come out at the same time-basically the same. 3 Pz III's on the way-same companies. I can't imagine more than 1 company making a 1/16 Sherman. 

4 hours ago, cbk57 said:

I saw this video when i got up this morning.  Good to see this coming out, I don:t know if I want one, but happy for those that do.  I just don:t know that I am going to go down the road of big armor.  I have had some interest in doing a North Africa Panzer I or II in 1/16.  Once you get to tanks as big or bigger than the Panzer III and in turn the Sherman not sure I want to go there.    

I've been hoping for a 1/16 Pz II for some time now. 

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Well the Stugs were not the same kits, hopefully these are different.

Now, as we are never content, how bout some VVS sprung ones. :)

Are you saying the Das Werk, Heller and Gallery kits aren't the same base kit with different decals or options included?

Edited by eoyguy

1 hour ago, eoyguy said:

Are you saying the Das Werk, Heller and Gallery kits aren't the same base kit with different decals or options included?

They are not the same kits, in my observations/ research.

First off, I have the Das Werk Stug and have not bought the others, but if you look at the review on the Cybermodeler site for the Trumpeter version there are differences.

The DW kit features a more complex torsion bar knuckle assembly, as well as a more complete (partial) interior. The tracks are vastly different too, the Trumpeter being of the pin style assembly and the DW more of a Diehl separate track pad fit. There is no pad of course, but the links are split in two to cover ejector pins....clever.

For more proof, take a look at the instructions/ part layouts on Hobby Search for both kits.

There might be shared parts but up to now I cant see them.

Edited by Ryan

1 hour ago, eoyguy said:

I can't believe that its not. 3 stugs come out at the same time-basically the same. 3 Pz III's on the way-same companies. I can't imagine more than 1 company making a 1/16 Sherman. 

I promise they are not the same, my money is on DW.

The Sherman could be the same way but we wont know for a little while.

I love kit is coming in at $200 (Including VAT on the site in the first post) and Andy's at $150.....but it looks as the ILK one has PE and resin upgrades.

Interesting mystery for sure. 

Edited by Ryan