16th Scale Sherman

Ryan

I Love Kit brand is another name for Merit, or a sister company I believe. I have seen the Merit 1/24 Spad and Triplane under that label. Hopefully the actual kit is a little better than that represented in the box artwork. If its a "static" version of the Hooben Sherman, then hard pass, its not good. $200 is a little high but I'm guessing the street price will be closer to the Heller/Monochrome/Gallery/Entercompanynamehere PzIII and Stug. Hopefully....

Edited by eoyguy

12 hours ago, Ryan said:

Hmm, hard to see but looks like it might have an interior, 2,200 plus parts....

https://www.track-link.com/forums/news_industry/48249/flat

I think they would have written on the box if it was a full interior - They price tag might be from the aluminium barrel and brass details..

But great to finally have a 1/16 Sherman. If it holds up in reviews I will be getting one for sure - never really had the stomach to take on the SOL Model resin kit..

So, 1/16 Jagdpanther (w/interior), 1/16 Sherman, 1/200 Yamato - I NEED a bigger house :rolleyes:

More pictures of the Sherman can be found here: https://www.modellbau-koenig.de/Fahrzeuge/Militaer-1-24/Fahrzeuge-Militaermodellbau-1-24/M4A3E8-Medium-Tank-Early-1-16

Edited by Zola25

That detail-up set certainly adds to the kit's appeal. I am mighty tempted by this (I have two 3D-printed figures I can use with it). The "Easy Eight" suspension is my preferred version of the Sherman, so that in itself is a "thumbs up". 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

PS: Just looked at the kit-supplied decal options - bland as they come, I'm afraid. This always seems to be the way for Trumpeter kits, unfortunately. For a 200 Euro kit, couldn't they have supplied some "special" markings? Hopefully the aftermarket crew will sort something out for the Sherman.  

Edited by Confusionreigns178
Amending some information.

Hi Chris,

I am not familiar with Shermans, but there are a lot of after market decals!

Have a look here: https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=1%2F16+sherman+decals&_sacat=0

The Trumpeter 1/16 panzer series all have around 2000+ parts, and they have interiors, so I quess this one has an (partial) interior.

With regards,

Rob

3 hours ago, panzerrob said:

Hi Chris,

I am not familiar with Shermans, but there are a lot of after market decals!

Have a look here: https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=1%2F16+sherman+decals&_sacat=0

The Trumpeter 1/16 panzer series all have around 2000+ parts, and they have interiors, so I quess this one has an (partial) interior.

With regards,

Rob

They don´t all have interiors

Too bad they went with the T-80 steel chevron tracks and not the far more common WWII T-66 tracks. The T-80's were only used very late in WWII and in small numbers, and in Korea. 

And the high parts  count includes those tracks, with 320 track links( which seems high to me, I would have though about half that)and 170 guide horns, and I'm guessing about 640 end connectors...this per the MBK link above.

Edited by eoyguy

34 minutes ago, Ryan said:

ML has a post saying the tracks will be T-66.

That would be cool. That is interesting as the parts diagram on the box seems to show T-80's.

I have the SOL kit half finished, if this one turns out to be decent I'm sure I will add it to the stash as well.

Edited by eoyguy