1/35 UH-1N gunship

matt_1185

• 1 month later...

Slowly chipping away at this bird 

got pilots painted, windscreen mounted to upper half, possible mock up of a door gunner with a mini gun(from kit). got main weapons mount installed and made a FLIR mount and threw on a spare black ops models hh-60g resin FLIR… :)    I’ll let the pics to rest of talking lol 

C5W6EnW.jpg

9NROIlJ.jpg

44zqbSB.jpg

JjPLuWV.jpg

Q17KESb.jpg

v1E24IG.jpg

JHyBVRP.jpg

8ffB5Ev.jpg

b9M5Lm5.jpg

BK0huMm.jpg

46 minutes ago, aircommando130 said:

Lookin good! The figures really bring it to life too. The USAF

N models don't have that cargo door on the tail boom. There's

about 10 of them here at Kirtland all 69 models in various stages

of worn outness. Still a cool helicopter though. 

Cheers...Ron

thank you :)  and sweet about Kirtland! Not to far from me haha I’m down in alien town lol 

Well moving along did a little more post shading then added more decals and a gloss coat, followed by some panel liner and made her real dirty lol :) 

pic for reference 

Mva43eP.jpg

and my kit so far 

X0z0tTU.jpg

APtNyHE.jpg

IEbDaC2.jpg

qGnb4qO.jpg

scRK0rY.jpg

what do y’all think so far ? And how long should I let that panel liner dry before doing flat clear coat ??

Looks really sharp! I’d offer 2 thoughts. In the ref pic there are alot if shadows but I think there are some noticeable differences if you’re trying to replicate it closely. I’d say there is more exhaust staining across the lower portion of the tail rotor on the ref pic. The top stays cleaner, about the way you have it in the left hand view(2nd shot down). On the right side view I don’t know if it would be that dirty all the way up the tail. My other thought was the lower boom looks pretty clean in you pics but dirty in the ref pic. Could be the shadows in the ref pic tho making it look that way. I think it looks very realistic just the way you did it. My thoughts are just with respect to the reference picture so you have another opinion to consider B) hope it’s helpful.

5 hours ago, themongoose said:

Looks really sharp! I’d offer 2 thoughts. In the ref pic there are alot if shadows but I think there are some noticeable differences if you’re trying to replicate it closely. I’d say there is more exhaust staining across the lower portion of the tail rotor on the ref pic. The top stays cleaner, about the way you have it in the left hand view(2nd shot down). On the right side view I don’t know if it would be that dirty all the way up the tail. My other thought was the lower boom looks pretty clean in you pics but dirty in the ref pic. Could be the shadows in the ref pic tho making it look that way. I think it looks very realistic just the way you did it. My thoughts are just with respect to the reference picture so you have another opinion to consider B) hope it’s helpful.

thank you! I’m definitely not trying to replicate totally lol just ideas and I have no idea what I’m doing lol I just went for it haha I’ll look into you ideas tho thanks mongoose! 

Got the rest of windows glued in followed by more pictures lol :) not a huge update but definitely close to the finish line! 

still trying to decide if I wanna add that standing door gunner. We shall see still have 2 chinooks plus a Pavehawk that can use standing door gunners lol 

dZ6jWus.jpg

3JbWAUB.jpg

WtAqwyh.jpg

bnLzKJV.jpg

AkbL56E.jpg

I also still want to revisit the rotor on this build looking into a reskit rotor assembly to give it more detail since the dragon kit lacks that lol 

to be continued….

Well finally decided to move forward with a door gunner, utilizing what figures I have in the stash.  Also got the mini gun mounted.  I know it’s not to scale or looks of a real mini gun but yeah lol, here is some wip pictures 

aghK6ap.jpg

ysCci3K.jpg

Smhc9Cf.jpg

UH-1N door gunner.  

Base color- Model masters dark tan, dry brushed dark sand for highlights.

Vest color- is base  Ak medium green, dry brushed Ammo yellow green for highlights.

boots and gloves- Vallejo Khaki.

To be continued……