1/35 UH-1N gunship

matt_1185

Well figured I’d make a Wip for my UH1N as well. This will most likely be a strait forward out of box build until further notice lol. 

SxxgDIO.jpg

started of with modifying the seats to fit my black ops models 1/35 helo pilots! These figures are made for Little birds but they are slightly larger than the live resin figures, so to my eye they fit the Huey much better. (Seem more properly scaled)! 

Armor Seat on the left is the modified version and armor seat on right is out of the box.

m12oFh4.jpg

Then of course I have to dry fit everything lol ( one of my favorite steps)

3BwLXwP.jpg

IQY0Z9Y.jpg

Then on to assemble and paint of the cockpit/cabin. 

Yt8uq50.jpg

The dragon kit has some nice PE parts 

rpZtpkq.jpg

I added some window maker over gauges.  

md0JYHe.jpg

kTwlhlc.jpg

MLnhjox.jpg

AKD9MlP.jpg

zl9UyQa.jpg

that’s all for now on this kit. 

Unfortunately Eduard/Dragon screwed the pooch on this one, and gave you a single engine Huey panel and console, not that anyone would really know or notice, unless they flew the "steamchicken" for a living...

Love it!

Great work!

5 hours ago, Winnie said:

Unfortunately Eduard/Dragon screwed the pooch on this one, and gave you a single engine Huey panel and console, not that anyone would really know or notice, unless they flew the "steamchicken" for a living...

Love it!

Great work!

yeah lol but I’ll work with that I got.  Now my venom project needs a scratch built instrument panel for sure!

7 hours ago, themongoose said:

That’s tons for a first thread! Looks great, especially like the tone of your black.

thanks!  it’s been back and forth on the bench for a month or so haha just realized I never made a Wip thread lol and the paint is Vallejo black 71.057 

5 hours ago, kike_gt said:

You've come a long way in terms of improvement bro!! and so fast!! great to see you at the bench!!!

thanks man slowly but Surely haha painting still a big weakness lol 

If you look at photos you will see a round edge around the opening, a gentle scraping with a blade combined with sanding should round off the edges I think. This here looks better than then 1mm plastic look that often comes with kits w. details.

Edited by Treehugger

5 minutes ago, Treehugger said:

If you look at photos you will see a round edge around the opening, a gentle scraping with a blade combined with sanding should round off the edges I think. This here looks better than then 1mm plastic look that often comes with kits w. details.

Ah ok I gotcha I just looked at some 1/1 pics 

Edited by matt_1185
Typo

• 2 weeks later...