FW-190A-8/R2. 30mm. mk.108 cannon chute ?

Does anyone have any reference on the shape of the cannon chutes of the 30mm Mk108 cannons in the Fw 190A-8/R2 ?

I’m converting the 1:32 Hasegawa Fw 190A-8 kit into the sturmbock version and the shell ejector ports leave quite a large hole in the wing underside. I would like to build the chutes from styrene card but I can’t any reference on their shape. 
Any help appreciated,

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by PeterOlsen
Spelling

Thanks Mike, no, I didn’t mean the gondola.  I’m looking at the 1:48 Eduard A-8/R2 kit and the hole for the Shells is quite sizeable so I figure it might be a little different but I honestly don’t know. Thanks anyway for the pic.

Here is a photo that was posted in a few places on the internet, including on this forum in this thread: 

Focke-Wulf-Fw-190F8-II.SG2-Yellow-14-WNr

This is the underside of a FW 190 F-8 that has a wing designed to carry the MK 108 cannon. The spent ammunition chute is usually on the inboard side of the access panel that the wing racks are mounted on, in line with the undercarriage leg. However, as you can see, this chute is covered with a plate in this photo as it was not needed, but that shows you the general location and shape. The Hasegawa kit has this panel in place, you just need to cut it open. The chute inside the wing is a curved channel that brings the spent ammunition and links from the cannon, rectangular in shape, nothing special. 

By the way, on aircraft armed with MG FF or MG 151 cannons in the wings, the spent ammunition was kept inside a wing compartment (on the MG 151 the links were ejected outside) that could be accessed and emptied through an oblong (racetrack?) shaped access panel that was in the same location where the chute was placed on wings armed with MK 108 as described above. 

HTH 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

Thanks for the pic Radu I haven’t seen that one before.

Ok, so the chute is rectangular in shape which curves from the gun to the underside surface of the wing (in the direction towards the fuselage.) Is that right ? That shouldn’t be to hard to construct.......

As I have eluded to above I didn’t want to just cut out the hatch and leave a hole which lets the viewer see right into an empty wing. 
Cheers Pete.

5 minutes ago, PeterOlsen said:

Ok, so the chute is rectangular in shape which curves from the gun to the underside surface of the wing (in the direction towards the fuselage.) Is that right ? That shouldn’t be to hard to construct.......

Yeah, it is just a curved channel with a rectangular cross-section. Here is a bit from the drawing by Arthur Bentley showing the gun viewed from the front. 

QcIF57rGzxo0T1lo7eUtS_oew-c6yslLJAy3010m

HTH 

Radu