Bandai 1/48 Snowspeeder

LSP_Kevin

I'm pleased to be able to declare this one finished! It's nice to be able to finish a model for a change.

Spent a couple of hours painting and decalling the pilots:

P5122A.jpg

This was a pain to do, and they don't look great in close up. But at normal viewing distances, they seem to do the job.

Here they are in situ:

Y3CTOn.jpg

rTbBl2.jpg

And the glamour shots. I used the kit display stand for simplicity's sake, and tried to set it at a suitably dynamic angle:

VoW0gc.jpg

aNMy9d.jpg

Ehcp11.jpg

WHJ2ct.jpg

xVmmaB.jpg

vYIDio.jpg

h0uAXY.jpg

Uuhh2v.jpg

I had super fun building this one, and even though I made a couple of rookie mistakes, I love the way it turned out. I'll have to drag out my other Bandai Star Wars kits now, as they're too much fun to leave unbuilt in the stash!

Kev

6 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Wonderful Kev!  These kits really are quite a joy to put together in every sense. Maybe I need a quick Bandai build to kick start my own MoJo......

I can recommend it, Brian, as it worked for me! The problem I have now is that all I want to build is Bandai Star Wars kits...

Kev

I've just bought a new motorised display turntable, and thought I'd test it out in a video using this model. It's the very first video I've uploaded to the KLP Publishing YouTube channel!

As you can see from the video, the turntable is garbage. Oh well.

Oh, and please subscribe to the channel if you can - even though there's only one video now, I'd like to start publishing more content there going forward, and it would be nice to have a few subscribers to kick things off!

Kev

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Done!  What other sorts of content do you anticipate putting up there?

Initially, just some promotional stuff, which is something I should have done a long time ago. After that, who knows? YouTube is full of how-to stuff by modellers much better than me, so I'm not sure I can offer much in that space. But I'm looking forward to seeing how it evolves!

Oh, and thanks for the subscribe, too!

Kev

I managed to get the turntable to sit level on the table by filing a little off 2 of the 4 plastic feet moulded on the bottom. Unfortunately it made zero difference to the steadiness of the Snowspeeder when I tested it again. It seems fine with objects placed in direct contact with the surface of the turntable though, rather than on a stand. I reckon anything with spindly undercarriage wouldn't fare well, either. It'll still have its uses, but I'm still pretty disappointed in this product.

Kev