JCote

Airfix 1/24 Spitfire

Jean,

Absolutely remarkable detailing. By all means, do continue to post. Im amazed at the detail level that you achieve. Simply superlative work old boy.

Geoff

Thanks for the interest Geoff. I´ve been on the road for work these past couple of weeks, so no modeling time. The undercarriage control is almost done though and the throttle quadrant is coming along. I´ll try to post something next week. My problem is that it takes me ten times longer than the likes of you, Radu or Jay to get decent results. But I WILL see this project through, I will, I will.....

Jean

Well, the undercarriage control quadrant is finally done. It would have been ready sooner but for the Carpet Monster, who's particularly ravenous with this one.

Here's the body, from turned, milled or photo-etched brass..

post-917-1152792666.jpg

another view. I hope to have the throttle control controls ready for posting next week, but on past performance, that's probably an idle hope.

As always, LSP is a continuing source of ideas and inspiration. Without LSP, this project would have been dead a long time ago.

Jean

post-917-1152793258.jpg

absolutely masterful work! i am in awe. maybe, but only maybe :ph34r: , the true masterclass scale is 1/24 and not 1/32, hehe.

seeing stuff like that really makes me think of doing the 109 i plan to do some day in 1/24 scale and not 1/32 scale.

thanks for sharing that build!

cheers klaus

Guest LSP_Jay L

Right you are Klaus! Seeing Jean doing a masterclass in 24th scale is extremely inspiring!

Jean, that is some superb work, and I love looking at it. I wish I had the patience and the determination to concentrate on all of the small details that make a kit stand out so much, the way that you do. You are right about LSP, as there are so many guys here that provide so much inspiring modelling and I personally find it such a pleasure to come and see what the guys have been doing.

Cheers mate,

Jay