JCote

Airfix 1/24 Spitfire

Hey Jean...great work. Looks like you're having a lot of fun. How are you going with the wings and CAD work...that looked really fascinating.

Cheers Matty

Cheers guys :P . Matty, the wings are on hold until I've sorted out how the landing gear will attach to the mainspar, I'd like to do it as per prototype, but, as they say, many a slip twixt cup and lip...

Jean

Hello Jean,

What I have seen of this SPECTACULAR SPITFIRE build so far is captivating.

:bow:

Sir, you have kept us on tenterhooks with this AMAZING build that has ME and everyone else drooling for the next

Installment... :popcorn:

So did you get it finished?

Have I missed it in the RFI.?

Or is this STUPENDOUS build still going thereby enslaving you to the modelers bench..

PLEASE :please: update soon..

Thank you very much.

MARU 5137.

This is great stuff, just spent last 30mins drooling over this! Would be great to see an update

Hi guys,

Sorry for not responding earlier, I hadn't noticed that my old thread had been exhumed, in January and again a couple of days ago.

Talk about a blast from the past, with ten years elapsing since the initial WIP post.  That's almost half a generation!

I have to report that the conversion project is as dead as the dodo: too many problems, too few skills on my part to overcome them.

However, a couple of years ago I embarked on a new, complete scratchbuild of the Spitfire, taking advantage of Paul Monforton's remarkable book and plans.  Some first results can be seen here:

http://www.spitfireix.com/

I've recently switched from a full- to a half-time contract on the job front in order to have more time to devote to my family... and my hobby.  With a bit of luck, progress will be a bit more sustained from now on and I'll be able to start posting again on LSP. 

Thanks for your kind comments.

Jean