JCote

Airfix 1/24 Spitfire

The clean-up was effected throughout with Mastercaster’s tear drop sanders, which have just the right strength and range of grit, as well as being more forgiving than files.

post-917-1178051784.jpg

Two views of the finished blade. I have to say that I was pretty pleased with the final result given that I had no idea at the outset whether the method was going to be successful or not. A friend suggested uncharitably that my solution was devised to ensure that I got maximum use out of what he termed my fancy gear. There’s a kernel of truth there I expect. Still, my unaided skills being no more than average, I believe that no other method would have enabled me to obtain the proper alignment or twist.

post-917-1178051859.jpg

post-917-1178051871.jpg

Finaly, these are the PU castings of the prop as well as a first dry run of the fuselage with nose. I’m starting to believe that this project might actually happen someday. That’s it for today. I guess it’s back to the ’pit now.

post-917-1178052033.jpg

post-917-1178052048.jpg

Jean, Matty is right on the money, I agree...it's a brilliant example of modelling, and I find that my ears (figuratively, anyway) always prick up when you've posted an update on this great build.

It's starting to get that lovely spitfire shape now too, which must be quite an encouragement to you, mustn't it?!

Top stuff

Ango

Matty and Ango, thanks for your super comments. And yes, seeing the fuselage on its temporary cradle actually starting to look like a Spitfire has given my flagging motivation a big boost.

Jean

Guest canuck63

Hi Jean,

I fully 2nd what Ango and Matt zed..............every time I notice that there's an update to your thread I tune in immediately and see what you've literally created :ph34r: :lol: B) ;) :o :blink: !

Problem is that after seeing what you do I feel like throwing my in-progresses into the nearest trash bin and take on stamp collecting :lol: !

Take care

Manu

Simply brilliant Jean, I don;t know what else to say. All you have been doing here is amazing. Lovely engineering. A true mastepiece.

Pure class. As always, yet more inspiration. Thanks Jean, made my week again. :unsure:

Jean! Hello mate! i can't believe what I have just seen.... absolutely amazing stuff, great machining skills mate! You are such a patient guy!! The Spit is really turning out beautifully.... keep up the great work!

Cheers

Alan :unsure:

Jean

between you and Radub l am going to quit and seek professional help . ;) :P :unsure: l love it when people like you show us what can be done. it inspires me to do better thanks :lol: B)

hacker :P :P

Jean I'll have to chime in also...this is incredible work you're doing on the Spit and with all the machine work you've done I'm a little out of breath.Impossible for a guy to not learn from this build.Magnificent work of art mate...cheers