Airfix 1/24 Spitfire

JCote

another view. I hope to have the throttle control controls ready for posting next week, but on past performance, that's probably an idle hope.

As always, LSP is a continuing source of ideas and inspiration. Without LSP, this project would have been dead a long time ago.

Jean

post-917-1152793258.jpg

absolutely masterful work! i am in awe. maybe, but only maybe :ph34r: , the true masterclass scale is 1/24 and not 1/32, hehe.

seeing stuff like that really makes me think of doing the 109 i plan to do some day in 1/24 scale and not 1/32 scale.

thanks for sharing that build!

cheers klaus

astoundingly awesome work here Jean! That kind of detail is so accurate and convincing, it appears you are preparing to make the undercarriage work with actual hydraulic pressure?!

Just sensational, puts my sh!tty 1/24 Airfix spitfire build to shame......I'm with Geoff, I'm going fishing (literally) :)

Keep up the great work and pics mate

Cheers

Ango.

Geez guys, thanks for the compliments, pretty overwhelming.

Concerning scale, Peter Cooke the master scratchbuilder who works with cast resin chooses 1/24 because he feels it is the smallest scale in which all visible features of the prototype can be properly reproduced. In fact, the exquisite results in 32nd scale on this site show that he isn´t quite right about that, but my diminishing eyesight and fumble fingers rule out anything smaller than 1/24 for the sort of detail I´m aiming for.

And leave the fish alone. You guys produce top-class models in the time it takes me to make a component that will be barely visible when /if) mine is completed. Probably a lot of work for little pay-off in the end, but it´s something I want to see through.

thanks again,

Jean

The beauty of this hobby is that there are so many different levels of detail/work you can do and still end up with a cracker that looks good from a few inches away.

I think what we are admiring is not just the craftsmanship, which is evident in many other builds on the site, but also the stunning dedication taken to 'get it right'. One day I may try to get that level, but only if my sanity holds.

I'm waiting to see how far you go with the Merlin.......keep it up, and if you ever get tired of the compliments there are one or two spit freaks who will take it all off your hands.......hint :)

Andy, there isn´t going to be a Merlin. Apart from an open door and canopy, everything else is going to be battened down, shut, closed, excepting the wheel wells of course. Otherwise this really would be a never-ending story.

Cheers, Jean