Airfix 1/24 Spitfire

JCote

Edgar, Jay and Klaus, your encouragement means a lot to me. The reason this project is such a drawn-out affair is that when I started I didn't know beans, and what I've picked up since then has involved much time and trial and error. The feedback here on LSP (the only real modeling site as far as I'm concerned) is always a great help, as is following the work of the many great modelers who have made this place their home.

Cheers, Jean

• 3 weeks later...

This is a fantastic build if I have ever seen one. I am truly amazed and inspired by your use of brass. I can barely make nparts out of plastic at times, yet yours are jeweler quality. Please do continue. You are really making me want to build my Trumpeter kit!

Thanks for your kind words, much appreciated... and unexpected, given that this thread was close to dropping off the radar screen.

Pete, I'm currently working on the undercarriage and throttle controls, which involve a number of home-made photoetch parts. I'll include some process shots in my next post, hopefully a couple of weeks from now.

Cheers, Jean

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the interest Geoff. I´ve been on the road for work these past couple of weeks, so no modeling time. The undercarriage control is almost done though and the throttle quadrant is coming along. I´ll try to post something next week. My problem is that it takes me ten times longer than the likes of you, Radu or Jay to get decent results. But I WILL see this project through, I will, I will.....

Jean

Well, the undercarriage control quadrant is finally done. It would have been ready sooner but for the Carpet Monster, who's particularly ravenous with this one.

Here's the body, from turned, milled or photo-etched brass..

post-917-1152792666.jpg