Airfix 1/24 Spitfire

JCote

Another view of the finished product. I’m not entirely satisfied, perhaps because 10x zoom is unforgiving, but it’s high time to move on, namely to the rudder wheel, throttle quadrant and undercarriage controls.. Apologies for the wordiness of this post,

Jean

post-4-1148569864_thumb.jpg

Sensational result Jean!

If you are going to continue with that sort of tenacity, you'll be rewarded with one very special model! Your use of the lathe has me thoroughly rivetted.

Loving this build, keep the outstanding work going mate!

Cheers

Ango.

Thanks Ango. Famous last words perhaps, but the resrt of the cockpit should be clearer sailing from here on in. I hope so, because my reserves of tenacity are dwindling FAST.

Cheers, Jean

That is really way out work Jean. Bloody serious stuff you are doing with the lathe. thanks for the step by step procedure. This is going to be one fantastic project. Do you intend working out all the detials in brass?

Hi Brian, your comments are much appreciated. I'll be doing the cockpit fiddly bits in brass, in part because when you're not pleased with something, it's easier to undo when it's been soldered rather than glued. All the rest, apart from the undercarriage. will be in styrene.

Looking forward to see what you are going to do neext with that great lathe of yours. The brass detail is so neat and beautiful, it is going to be a real pity to hide all the craftsmanship under a coat of paint. This is going to be one very special spitfire.

Fantastic engineering there Jean, and your attention to detail (and perserverance) is an inspiration to us all. Your Spitfire shall look spectacular when completed. I can only echo the praises of other members on this site. Thanks for sharing your know-how.

Regards

Derek

Thanks for your kind words Derek, and speaking of Spits, when is your MkXVI thread going to resume? It was one of my favourites and I haven't seen any instalments since you completed the control stick

Cheers, Jean

Hi Jean,

You are quite correct, I do need to re-commence work on my Mk.XVI Spitfire...other LSP members have said the same thing, so I shall. I have come back from a weeks holiday in Cyprus, and I have been very busy with Air Cadet and pattern making activities of late, hence no progress on the Spitfire...but that shall change!

Love the work you have done on yours Jean...it helps me a lot when trying to figure out how to make some of my own parts, so thanks for the inspiration.

Cheers

Derek