Revell Hawker Typhoon - Yea or Nay?

Chek

I talked about a possible Tempest and/or Typhoon in 1/32 with some folks from Special Hobby at E-day 2014(?) and got the reply that they had plans to do Tempest, Typhoon and Fury.

But they couldn´t tell when...

Now we have the Tempest II and V, I guess the Thyphoon is next....

I saw the testshots of the Whirlwind too, and that is a reality today!

Boy, how time flies!

Stefan :beer:

Edited by Phantom2

I've built two Revell Typhoons in my time and yes they are a bit clunky, but with the help of MDC parts they can be improved, I am a Typhoon/Tempest fan and had to build one to put into my display cabinet.

Probably not for the detail obsessives amongst us but if you want something that represents a Typhoon in your display cabinet it is the only game in town.

I also built an MDC Typhoon which was challenging but satisfying, however it is the "bubble" version.

I will still buy an SH Typhoon when and if one is released.

Cheers

Dennis

1 hour ago, MikeMaben said:

How well does the old kit line up Thierry  ?

Globally, the general shapes are quite good, as well as the panel lines. From a shape/dimension perspective I did not find a lot of major discrepancies. It looks the curve on the top of the tail/rudder needs correction. And, as I already wrote, the location of the guns and their chute holes is wrong. They should be moved closer to the wing tip (more or less 3mm!).

Hth

Thierry