Months after charging my card €143.22, Mig finally got this nice stuff to my door yesterday:

AdamR

1 enormous box:

C2727-B84-3992-4-CCF-A027-C8948-D0-DB2-B

…full of nice plastic stuff (beautiful clear parts), and…

A02-A68-CF-D0-FC-44-E3-9-B2-E-F0-FE79-F6

…more PE stuff than I will ever use, plus…

704-E6-FD2-FD8-E-4-AF4-B9-A3-56-A35-AC02

…printed gun barrels (my first experience with parts made this way)…

002-FD3-E7-60-B3-4918-92-B0-8-E0-B831665

…all for building 1 of 5 different AVG subjects,  and lastly…

DE7-A437-F-9-B6-B-4-B79-86-A0-E39216-E3-

…a big-ass commemorative patch to sew on something.

F2-A8-C681-13-D0-46-F7-9092-08276-D7-A60

I can hardly wait to get started, but I’m going to be disciplined and finish the Revell P-51D first. No, really, I am.  Seriously. Not kidding. Disciplined.

MigAMMO is among the last shops which received the GWH Hawk 81.

Most of the more eager P-40 fans got theirs in February direct from China. I waited and waited in hope that they would lower the price but in desperation ordered mine from a Czech retailer two months ago.

There are two builds going on here on LSP: Tolga ULGUR’s and mine.

Have much fun with your new kit.:)

Cheers,

Quang

1 hour ago, quang said:

MigAMMO is among the last shops which received the GWH Hawk 81.

Most of the more eager P-40 fans got theirs in February direct from China. I waited and waited in hope that they would lower the price but in desperation ordered mine from a Czech retailer two months ago.

There are two builds going on here on LSP: Tolga ULGUR’s and mine.

Have much fun with your new kit.:)

Cheers,

Quang

Thanks. I don’t mind the delay that much, because my modeling time has been cut short anyway, and the Revell P-51 has languished on the bench. I do mind being charged for goods months before they were shipped. 

Thanks for pointing me to the build threads; they will be very helpful. It’s especially useful to know in advance that the PE is poor, for example. It supports my plan to "dumb down" the build. The most important thing to me is having the early P-40 outline on the shelf (underslung "jaw" radiator, cowl .50s, etc.). A highly detailed model is not my goal with this one. I will probably build the closed cowl version and leave the engine parts on the trees. There are a lot of kits in the stash I want to get built and I’m running out of years to get them done! 

Ordered mine from last week Metro Hobbies in Melbourne so I'm awaiting the donkey cart slow delivery from Aus Post.  The price was very competitive when compared to AlanR's order, so I'm happy with that.  I'll probably not build it straight away though, and will see what goodies the after market comes up with.

Cheers,

Michael

14 minutes ago, Gerhard said:

Very very nice. Shipping all over has been damn slow. I sometimes wait 3 months for a package, where as of a year ago, it would take  two weeks from the same supplier, same courier. 

...and expensive.  - There are currently more than 500 container vessels waiting in line outside the port of Shanghai. The cost of a 40´ container shipped from Asia to Europe has increased from roughly 4000 USD to 16.000 USD and still going up... somebody has to pay and guess who that is going to be