Recommend hobbyshop in Toronto

Gerhard

Hi Guys, our first grand child is due in September, and as my daughter now lives in Toronto, we wish to fly over and be there for the great occasion.

Why not take the opprtunity and visit a decent hobbyshop?

Any recommendations in Toronto?

Hopefully one with a website so I can browse and "plan" a side budget for a bit of a spend.

Please share and post links if you can. 

Oh, and it's going to be a boy!!!

I second Wheels and Wings Hobbies. If you’re only going to have time for one store then that is definitely the place to go. Tremendous selection of…well, everything. 

Another interesting shop is Aviation World right beside the airport. Although their kit section is not huge, they have an excellent and extensive selection of civil and military aviation books and magazines. 

Richard

Definitely go to Wheels and Wings. They've got a vast selection of new and used kits, supplies, and AM. Much more than what's on their website. 

They are very close to public transit (between Woodbine and Coxwell stations on our subway) which may be helpful as well. 

Sunward Hobbies is great for paints and supplies. Their kit selection is not as extensive. They some times have these bundled kits specials with a kit and related AM for really good prices. 

As Richard said, Aviation World is worth a stop too. 

Carl

Since Sunward moved their stock a lot more kits.

There are two Gundam stores at Sheppard and Yonge, also one called Panda Hobby, in Markham but almost beside Georges Trains, if you like Trains.

Also Pinnacle Hobbies in Markham, more heavy in RC.

Edited by NickDandy

• LSP_K2 changed the title to Recommend hobbyshop in Toronto