1/32 Revell Spitfire from the Shelf of Doom

I started this one 12 years ago, was planning on making it a forced perspective shadow box dio. This is the 1967 Revell kit, I scratched the cockpit and wheel wells. Had it all pretty much finished when I decided to drop it breaking the internal framing of the engine compartment. I tried fixing it, but my attempts looked like it was glued back together with Bird snot. So, I shelved it. Thanks for the GB to get it going.

VLb07VC.jpg

DRG87Ee.jpg

W9Ws2Rk.jpg

pUrp3Az.jpg

Edited by John B
grammer

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some glamour pictures of the finished Spitfire Mk.I, 92nd Squadron, Biggin Hill, September 1940. 92nd Squadron's motto is "Either Fight or Die", I apply that motto to my Hobby as well, "Either Build or Die"

Thank you for all the kind comments.

JB

176E3LM.jpg

Ug32mlW.jpg

z1AIoBb.jpg

gx9u5pm.jpg

6dW7YGI.jpg

hxU1Irt.jpg

ZInqhGm.jpg

PTkrRLn.jpg

Edited by John B

John, nice job on a very old kit. I also love to “revive” the older kits. I have a question. It looks like in one of the photos the engine looks just like the Hasegawa P-51. Is it, or it’s that the kit engine? Either way, the engine looks good.

Regards,

Jim

Hi Jim, it is the kits engine, both Aircraft shared the Merlin engine, the Mk.I was a early version of Merlin 40-45 and the P-51 had the 60 series built by Packard. It's too bad all that work got buttoned up due to me breaking the supports during construction. 

JB

• 3 weeks later...