1/32 F-86 Sabre Choices. What are they?

chuck540z3

Hi!

The Kinetic "Luftwaffe" SabreF-86F 40 "NATO-Sabre 6-3 EXTENDED WING" , kit no. K3203 comes with a short span, slatted F-30 wing, with extension parts for the long F-40 wing.

If you want a short 6-3 F-30 wing you can leave it as is.

Aires makes (made?) several resin sets for this kit, I have Cockpit, wheel wells Exhaust and brake bays, all from Aires

Stefan :beer:

This thread is the explanation for my 3 Kinetic and 2 hasagawa Sabre kits remaining unbuilt and will probably will remain so- It's too complicated for my tiny brain

As for the Kinetic 6-3 wing kit - good luck finding one - took me over a year before I my hands on it 

Both have plus and minus points.

It is a true enigma of the modelling world that in an ocean of Spitfires, P-51 and 109's etc, that we are still waiting for a 'A' Grade product Korea era F-86 (or MiG 15) in 1/32 scale by one of the premier companies such as Tamiya, GWH or Z-M; even Academy would be more than acceptable if done to their 1/32 F-18 kit standard.

Gary

18 hours ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Wow!  Are you sure you want to do this??

12 minutes ago, Scotsman said:

This thread is the explanation for my 3 Kinetic and 2 hasagawa Sabre kits remaining unbuilt and will probably will remain so- It's too complicated for my tiny brain

As for the Kinetic 6-3 wing kit - good luck finding one - took me over a year before I my hands on it 

The short answer is No, for the following and above reasons:

• Just finding the Kinetic 6-3 wing kit seems to be a problem.  As a matter of fact, I can't find a Kinetic F-86 kit of any version readily available.
  • The aftermarket is all over the place that are for some versions and not others.  Chances of buying the wrong stuff is high.
  • This subject has way too many experts who will find something wrong with whatever I build (been there, done that).  I could easily tolerate this if the kit was quite good in the first place, but as we all know, it has lots of issues to begin with.
  • I have the rare Tamiya F-16 Thunderbirds kit with lots of aftermarket stuff already, so an F-16 Adversary/Aggressor is starting to look more attractive and pain free, so why fight it?

Thank you everyone for your information and tips.   I've decided to can this idea for the time being.

Cheers,

Chuck