H&S Infinity Question

Thunderbolt

I currently have a 0.15 mm needle but am finding I need something larger to paint Tamiya’s fine primer out of the bottle. 

I am planning to obtain the 0.4 mm needle and nozzle. 

My question is: do I also need to buy a new aircap specific to the 0.4 mm needle/nozzle or can I just buy the needle and nozzle separately, using the aircap that came with the 0.15 mm?

Based on my understanding of how an airbrush works, my answer to my own question would be yes. 

TIA,

TB

Edited by Thunderbolt

5 minutes ago, denders said:

Have a look here. I believe the Needle, Nozzle, and Air Cap need to all match.

Harder and Steenbeck parts for Infinity (spraygunner.com)

(I've no connection to SG, but I have purchased there.)

Thank you sir. My interpretation of the serial numbers indicates the same air cap works for 0.15 and 0.2 mm combos while a separate air cap is required for the 0.4 mm nozzle. 

Edited by Thunderbolt

Actually, I have both an Evolution and an Infinity, which use the same pieces, and it's clear with the Mark I eyeball that the air caps have different size openings.

I have both a Paasche TG (0.66mm) and a Creos 290 (0.50mm) which I use for primers depending upon the amount of primer to be painted.

33 minutes ago, denders said:

Actually, I have both an Evolution and an Infinity, which use the same pieces, and it's clear with the Mark I eyeball that the air caps have different size openings.

I have both a Paasche TG (0.66mm) and a Creos 290 (0.50mm) which I use for primers depending upon the amount of primer to be painted.

I figured. The airflow has to be proportional around the nozzle tip itself. I went ahead and bought a needle/nozzle/aircap set. 

thanks all