Vallejo Metal Color Steel... too dark?

ulvdemon

Was wondering if this is operator error on my part or am I just missing something?  I've sprayed the Vallejo Metal Color Steel a couple of time sand it seems almost as dark as the black primer I've sprayed over.  am I doing something wrong on my end or am I just expecting it to be lighter then it should be?  I've attached an example.  Maybe the lighting is too harsh that is causing the issue?  Am help would be appreciated.52000541225_148984d2ff_b.jpg

I spray all of the vallejo metal colors and i have the same opinion, steel is way too dark. Even their model air is toodark imo. I moved to a different paint but it is possible to blend them. I find with the metal colors that they don’t stay mixed together well tho and you are constantly trying to stir them so that they spray ok.

Like the Vallejo metal air colors except the Steel. Doesn't make a lot of sense, that one. Like you said, too dark. My own opinion, Testors Metalizer Steel looks closer to the truth, i guess age, corrosion, type would make color different.

Don

• 1 month later...