Why no 1/32 Hawker Seahawk?!?

thierry laurent

14 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

This typically makes you wonder why they did not release it in 1/32 whereas some far worse kits were produced in large scale...:blink:

I feel the same about the Six, J.10B, J.8 and would even settle for a wonky Su-15TM in big scale. Maybe the Seahawk wasn't a big seller. Infinity have pledged a Wyvern. 

Tony 

On 4/9/2022 at 10:24 AM, mozart said:

It’s a very good question Thierry for which I don’t have a ready answer, I need one for my “Hawker lineage” kits! Perhaps Graham at Iconicair might be able to fill the gap since he did the Attacker? 

I'd want 250 confirmed orders or it's a no show! I've been disappointed before....

Graham

Well I cannot say for sure how many ones could be sold as this also depends on price, markings and so on. However, the Seahawk is not in the same league than the Spiteful/Seafang or even the Attacker. She had a far longer use, wore different markings as she was used by at least four different air forces and saw combat time! So the appeal is clearly not comparable. I understand the idea to chose oddball topics as this leaves the full market opened for a single kit. However, in some cases that full market is limited to dozens of customers in the best case! So this stays a gamble. On another hand, if you chose a better known topic the odds are better. Simply look at Jetmads: they quickly sold 500 Viggens!

2 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Well I cannot say for sure how many ones could be sold as this also depends on price, markings and so on. However, the Seahawk is not in the same league than the Spiteful/Seafang or even the Attacker. She had a far longer use, wore different markings as she was used by at least four different air forces and saw combat time! So the appeal is clearly not comparable. I understand the idea to chose oddball topics as this leaves the full market opened for a single kit. However, in some cases that full market is limited to dozens of customers in the best case! So this stays a gamble. On another hand, if you chose a better known topic the odds are better. Simply look at Jetmads: they quickly sold 500 Viggens!

Totally agree with thierry. I personally have no interest in prototypes (Seafang, etc.) but I immediately acquired the Attaker and I would do the same for the Firefly or for a Seahawk or a Gannet an many other

3 hours ago, morane said:

Totally agree with thierry. I personally have no interest in prototypes (Seafang, etc.) but I immediately acquired the Attaker and I would do the same for the Firefly or for a Seahawk or a Gannet an many other

agree as well. I was too late for the Attacker :(  Seahawk, Gannet and Firefly (also served on the Dutch aircraft carrier and in the Dutch East Indies, so a no brainer for me) als great topics. The Seahawk perhaps is easiest for Iconicair to model first. Prototypes are cute, but only Jetmads may be able to pull that off, but also by having people sign up for a copy upfront. The Viggen project may have altered their business approach to prototypes only for sure as the success of the Viggen has been enormous. Anyway, the Seahawk deserves a shot. Important postwar jet that several nations flew and learned the ropes with.