Why no 1/32 Hawker Seahawk?!?

thierry laurent

Hi folks,

Frankly this is puzzling me as between the Hart and the Hunter this is the only 1/32 major missing link in the Hawker lineage. We do not even have a vacuform! This is really weird for different reasons:

-small plane 

-simple airframe 

-graceful lines 

-nice decos 

-role in the Suez campaign 

We got many kits of planes that do not comply with half of that list!:please:

It seems to me there were rumors of a Vac years ago but I cannot remember from whom...:hmmm:Possibly Iain, Tim or another of our Brit Friends knows more...?:help:

What do I miss...?:doh:

Thierry

Thanks Max. As this looks to be a so obvious 'no-brainer' project, I'm fully puzzled by such a gap.

By the way the Attacker is important in the Supermarine lineage but her history is lacking luster in comparison with the Seahawk one for which I forgot another noticeable factor: foreign operators!

I remember many years ago , I think in 2005, being at a press conference at Revell Germany in Bunde and talking to the head of product development.

I suggested that a 1/32 Sea Hawk would be a nice kit to be developed by Revell. The model would not be too large for 1/32 modellers. And it would surely be popular with the large Revell modellers base at the U.K, West Germany and Netherlands. It is was in museums ready to measured up and not that expensive to make the moulds.

.... yep..... <_<

I also (with same arguments a few years later around 2010) suggested top Revell a 1/32 Vampire. Yes, it was not used in West Germany but in dozens of other countries..... yep...

Well, this last kit finally will come from Infinity this year :rolleyes:

Meindert

Edited by mydesign
typo

Non U.S Navy aircraft of any description are the poor relations in our scale and it is indeed a mystery why they don't do them?  I think a 1/32 scale Hawker Seahawk would sell well....... but then, what do I know? :huh:

I suspect it's one of those subjects that's fallen down the cracks between vac/resin and injection moulded over the years...

Mainstream manufacturers shy because of unknown sales.

Smaller manufacturers worried that if they take the time, effort and money to tool a kit, that an injected kit manufacturer will promptly announce a new kit and make it a wasted exercise?

Give it time and I'm sure one will appear - there's more than enough to keep us busy for now, isn't there?  ;)

Iain