Early P-38 details

Hi all. I am seeking LSP's collective knowledge on exterior modifications required to convert the Trumpeter P-38L to the P38G. I am at the point of final details before painting. I recall reading somewhere that the running lights, landing lights and perhaps some other exterior details are different between the two. The landing gear and wheel well colors may be different as well. What do you all think? Thanks for the help..Bob.

Assume you know about the main external difference between the G and L, namely the very different front of the engine nacelles due the addition of the intercoolers in addition to the oil coolers on the J/L models.  The earlier models (through the H) had a more streamlined arrangement with just two holes for the oil coolers as opposed the “beard” type cooler inlet of the J/L.  Also, the coolant radiators on the booms were smaller on the G, and the turbos were partially covered on the G.  Are you using one of the conversions?

Thanks Dave. Used the Jerry Rutman  resin cowls and smaller boom intakes, and the vac canopy windshield (worst part of the conversion). The cockpit was modified, and made the appropriate "steering wheel" from scratch. The hard part is done. Next is scribing panel lines and any other external details that need mod.