1/32 Trumpeter Me 262A-2a "Black X"

This is 1/32 Messerschmitt Me 262A-2a with the markings of “Black X” of 2./KG 51.

Cockpit modified by Eduard instrument panel and Quickboost seat.

Wheels replaced with Barracudacast resin wheels.

Paints: Gunze Sangyo acrylics and Alclad metalizers.

Decals: Cutting Edge CED32071

Happy modelling

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

29.jpg

28.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

On 4/10/2022 at 2:27 AM, Citadelgrad said:

Nice looking Schwalbe, Tolga!  I have the revell in my stash.  I dont think im ready for it yet. 

On 4/10/2022 at 7:55 AM, Nighthawk Calling 1 said:

Super 262 Tolga.

On 4/10/2022 at 8:28 PM, MARU5137 said:

Another EXQUISITE  Example of your skilful and Superb build.

:clap2:

On 4/11/2022 at 3:39 AM, aircare84 said:

Outstanding Tolga!

On 4/11/2022 at 7:18 AM, Dpgsbody55 said:

Nice work again, Tolga.  The shading is brilliant.:bow:

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks for your comments.

38 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

Looks lovely!  What technique did you use for the paint chipping at the wing roots?

It looks very good and in scale!  I'm guessing a colored pencil but don't know!

Thank you

I have used silver pencils for the paint chipping. Maybe it does not look too realistic but it can simulate chipping effect.

Hi Tolga,

Your build has brought back many memories for me.   This particular aircraft was once stored in the workshop I started my apprenticeship in.   I was gobsmacked when I first saw it and I spent many, many hours studying it.   I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I also spent some time sitting in the cockpit with the canopy closed, immersing myself in the experience, so to speak.   Amazingly, in 1983, her fuel tanks still had a sizeable amount of liquid in them.   I assume there was some sort of inhibiting agent in them.   Interestingly, the guys who were involved in the partial restoration of this aircraft discovered a 50 Cal bullet wedged firmly in one of the wing spars - but that's another story.   The real aircraft now sits in the Australian War Memorial in Canberra and is presented in its original WWII finish, albeit, with some post-war markings carefully wet-sanded away to reveal the original German paint scheme.   Your model is a beautiful rendition of this amazing aircraft.

Kind regards,

Wayne        

7 hours ago, Grissom said:

Hi Tolga,

Your build has brought back many memories for me.   This particular aircraft was once stored in the workshop I started my apprenticeship in.   I was gobsmacked when I first saw it and I spent many, many hours studying it.   I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I also spent some time sitting in the cockpit with the canopy closed, immersing myself in the experience, so to speak.   Amazingly, in 1983, her fuel tanks still had a sizeable amount of liquid in them.   I assume there was some sort of inhibiting agent in them.   Interestingly, the guys who were involved in the partial restoration of this aircraft discovered a 50 Cal bullet wedged firmly in one of the wing spars - but that's another story.   The real aircraft now sits in the Australian War Memorial in Canberra and is presented in its original WWII finish, albeit, with some post-war markings carefully wet-sanded away to reveal the original German paint scheme.   Your model is a beautiful rendition of this amazing aircraft.

Kind regards,

Wayne        

Thanks for your comment Wayne. Nice coincidence that my build takes you back to your memories

29 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

How did I miss this one? Fantastic work as usual, Tolga.

Kev

Thanks Kev.