Curtiss P-40E, Lt. A.D.Clinger, China 1943, 1/32

Tomas Duck

The painting is top-notch:clap2:, the weathering subtle and realistic.

I also like the tones for the sand-and-spinach camouflage. Did you use straight, from the bottle Mr Color or were they in some way modified?

Thanks for sharing,

Quang

On 4/9/2022 at 12:49 PM, quang said:

The painting is top-notch:clap2:, the weathering subtle and realistic.

I also like the tones for the sand-and-spinach camouflage. Did you use straight, from the bottle Mr Color or were they in some way modified?

Thanks for sharing,

Quang

Basically it´s only about numbers of thin layers. For this model I use light grey surfacer MRP with randomly black and grey airbrushed panels and lines. Conseqently I apply lot of thin (and very diluted) layers of base camuflage colours - it´s directly Mr. Colour. Depend on the real surface damage I use lot of thin layers on diferent spaces close to the fuselage (surface damaged by ground personal, oils, fuel etc..) tips of wing are close to the direct colour from bottle. Second step is airbrush lighter base colour randomly again to the high exposed places. It´s only about your filing how to do it - it´s a lot of options. This is end of camuflage tonig for me. On original photos its lot of spots on the surface - fluids, dust... I like use for this MRP Exhaust soot applyed via mask - it´s very realistick for me. Last step is using waterbase pencils and oils-there is lot of combinations and as you know, it´s only about our imagination, becouse we have only two maybe three original picture of this plane which we can use as reference. The rest is only our imagin, fortunately :-)

Tomas

26 minutes ago, Tomas Duck said:

I apply lot of thin (and very diluted) layers of base camuflage colours - it´s directly Mr. Colour.

So you used Mr Color RAF dark green and RAF dark earth for the upper camouflage. It’s good to know because I quite like the contrast between the two colours. Thank you Tomas for your input and keep on the good work.

Cheers,

Quang