Ukrainan Su-27UB Flanker C, 1/48 GWH

Aigore

Friday is upon us and so is this update!

Hot Metal 3

Finally on the home stretch regarding the engines.

SO the upper side it was...

I started with drawing violet weldlines across like so.

IMG_6832.JPG

Then it was time for some itty bitty masking again and this time I drew brown weldlines.

IMG_6833.JPG

There....

IMG_6834.JPG

And some blue weldlines....it looks like a drawing but it'll change as more layers are added.

IMG_6835.JPG

First a clear coat on top to seal the lines and then I went at it with my  Tamyia make up and unmask the hatches.

IMG_6836.JPG

Then I painted the hatch clasps red.

IMG_6837.JPG

Another clear coat and then I put down a dark wash all over.

IMG_6838.JPG

IMG_6839.JPG

There and the cans in place as well.

IMG_6840.JPG

And now for the reaveal!

I must say, not half bad .

IMG_6841.JPG

IMG_6842.JPG

IMG_6843.JPG

IMG_6844.JPG

A little dryfit of the fins...

IMG_6845.JPG

IMG_6846.JPG

There....there will be a wee bit more pigment on the metal but that´s for the final weathering to blend everything together.

Next I will continue with those dielectric panels everywhere and small details that needs to be painted.

Cheers!

It's Friday and Midsummer so here we go :D

The end of Painting

Time to sort out those small thingies, details I mean.

So masking...again...

IMG_6865.JPG

IMG_6866.JPG

IMG_6867.JPG

Now it's a few different colors so I have to do it carefully but so far so good.

So I started with putting my thumb in the white paint!  sand and redo...meh.

IMG_6868.JPG

The rest went well though.

IMG_6869.JPG

IMG_6870.JPG

I painted some details with a chrome pen, like the C/F-dispensers...it'll look better with a wash on

IMG_6871.JPG

IMG_6872.JPG

Next I glued the strakes in place....that is I glued one and spent 25m searching through the clutter after the other one 

IMG_6873.JPG

IMG_6874.JPG

With all that done I believe painting is done so I sealed all with a clear coat before decals!

IMG_6875.JPG

IMG_6876.JPG

About the decals btw..... I don't have them :P they weere sold out everywhere and you remember Hannant's sending me the wrong decals before....so well.. I'm at an impasse right now.

I can do the weapons, wheels and pylons but then I'm at a stand still until decals appear again.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Jan,

Truly Impressive  work so far.

It looks majestic  and the splinter scheme et al is STUNNING  to look at; and I am sure it will be such a gorgeous  looking Flanker  when completed.

:wow:    :thumbsup:     :clap2:

:bow:

Thanks a lot Maru :D

Edited by Aigore

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered some digital mask and decal sets and resin exhausts from an eBay seller in Ukraine back in May, and they still haven't showed up. I'm guessing something happened en-route given the current terrible situation over there. I may try again with a different seller at a later date. Really been enjoying your build, and hope to see it cross the finish line.

9 hours ago, F2G_lover said:

I ordered some digital mask and decal sets and resin exhausts from an eBay seller in Ukraine back in May, and they still haven't showed up. I'm guessing something happened en-route given the current terrible situation over there. I may try again with a different seller at a later date. Really been enjoying your build, and hope to see it cross the finish line.

Yeah, count on over a month in postal time...I ordered stuff from Reskit and it took over a month to arrive from Kyiv. They were very friendly however when I asked for the wearabouts of my parcel.

I have decals on the way from Poland right now so the build will soon resume

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 6:11 AM, Aigore said:

Yeah, count on over a month in postal time...I ordered stuff from Reskit and it took over a month to arrive from Kyiv. They were very friendly however when I asked for the wearabouts of my parcel.

I have decals on the way from Poland right now so the build will soon resume

Well, the Reskit exhausts showed up today, and boy are they nice. So hopefully that means the masks and decals aren't far behind.