Trumpeter 1/48 Fw 200 Condor

chrish

Hot on the heels (or what falls for hot on the heels of anything around here) of the Su 27...

Bought used from a club swap sale it came with an arm load of aftermarket pe. resin and decals, hardly any of which was used.

pjjfFb2.jpg

mPBKHpH.jpg

rdtGy8a.jpg

yvI6Tz9.jpg

yQ5H0aQ.jpg

pxeCuGT.jpg

erCXXQ4.jpg

I think I may have gotten the colors wrong once again...striving as I do for mediocrity

Thanks for looking

15 minutes ago, Mark P said:

I grabbed the Nautilus Models wing spar reinforcement set for this kit. Any others "problem areas" to be concerned with here?

Mark Proulx

I had no trouble at all with the kit although, reading build logs of others it became apparent the wing to fuselage joint was trouble. I glued the top wing halves to the fuselage, then the bottom centre section to the belly then joined the wing half top to bottom, thusly:

QzmkMol.jpg

as you can see here the fit came out not bad, I did have to stuff a shim between the floor edge and fuselage side to "widen" the fuselage

shgzoSW.jpg

not much more of the thin smear of Tamiya filler at the wing root than at the leading edge seam.

Otherwise fit is as close to perfect as dammit to swearing  

2 minutes ago, RBrown said:

That is very impressive!  As far as the colors go, recent evidence indicates that early Fw 200s may have been painted with the standard Luftwaffe 70/71 greens before the switch to 72/73. 

funny how in my pictures the greens look brown when pics shot in the hobby room...I've had blues look violet in here too. I wonder whats up with all that

1 hour ago, RBrown said:

That is very impressive!  As far as the colors go, recent evidence indicates that early Fw 200s may have been painted with the standard Luftwaffe 70/71 greens before the switch to 72/73. 

Yes, apparently those prior to W.Nr. 0024 in the early war greens of RLM 70/71.

Mark Proulx

Excellent work, Chris! I've recently purchased this kit myself (and would love to find the MPM He 177 kit, too). What aftermarket leftovers do you have? I might be interested in them...

Kev

Wow, you don't see many of these built these days. Very cool. I've always thought the Condor was a graceful looking bird but the tail fin looks way to short to be effective.  Obviously it was but it doesn't look  like it would. 

Thanks for looking and commenting!

Looking at the images again now and thinking how the landing gear looks like an aircraft sitting on a trestle bridge. Ungainly but I guess it worked.