Fw-190 A-8/ R-2 "Sturmbock" Revell 1:32

Sasha As

The problem with this profile is the tactical number s not known. The loss record on this A-8/R2 W.Nr. 680718 was lost on 18 July, 1944 flown by Fw. Otfried Baisch. One of his previous Fws was a standard 190A-8 with Sturm equipment that was mounted with the Krebsgerät rocket with the the tactical number of "Yellow 3". There are two  known photos of this a/c taken at Barth ,Germany in May, 1944.

Cheeers, Jerry

3 hours ago, Jerry Crandall said:

The problem with this profile is the tactical number s not known. The loss record on this A-8/R2 W.Nr. 680718 was lost on 18 July, 1944 flown by Fw. Otfried Baisch. One of his previous Fws was a standard 190A-8 with Sturm equipment that was mounted with the Krebsgerät rocket with the the tactical number of "Yellow 3". There are two  known photos of this a/c taken at Barth ,Germany in May, 1944.

Cheeers, Jerry

Jerry thanks for the information!

I'm far from considering myself an expert, that's why I asked a friend much more competent than me, and he found this page, which should with reasonable certainty portray the example of the Revell profile.  in the first pic it can be barely visible the 3 ahead of the balkenkreuz.

an alternative that I would not reject is to ask the same Revell's customer service for further info about.

6f3aafe4-1e17-4668-aab4-ecdacb3e3271.JPG

hope it may help!

cheers, Paolo

8 hours ago, mc65 said:

I'm far from considering myself an expert, that's why I asked a friend much more competent than me, and he found this page, which should with reasonable certainty portray the example of the Revell profile.  in the first pic it can be barely visible the 3 ahead of the balkenkreuz.

an alternative that I would not reject is to ask the same Revell's customer service for further info about.

6f3aafe4-1e17-4668-aab4-ecdacb3e3271.JPG

hope it may help!

cheers, Paolo

mc 65 thanks for the information!You helped a lot!

4 hours ago, Jerry Crandall said:

The photos are of Baisch's standard A-8 with sturm equipment "Yellow 3". It is not a Fw 190 A-8/R2 and it is equipped with the 21 cm Krebsgerät rocket. May , 1944 at Barth, Germany.

Cheers, Jerry

Jerry thank! This can be seen from the photo. Revell made a mistake in the instructions indicating as a modification of R 2,