Fw-190 A-8/ R-2 "Sturmbock" Revell 1:32

Sasha As

15 hours ago, Memphis said:

Great work! What paints have you used?

Memphis thank you! In-house developed water-soluble paint. I wanted to put it into production last year, but many circumstances prevented it from doing so. Now I spend the stock on models and in the children's historical-technical stand modeling circle.

18 hours ago, Sasha As said:

Memphis thank you! In-house developed water-soluble paint. I wanted to put it into production last year, but many circumstances prevented it from doing so. Now I spend the stock on models and in the children's historical-technical stand modeling circle.

What color scheme have you used (RLMxx)? I build 190A-3 and choose Mr.Color's paints.

8 hours ago, Memphis said:

What color scheme have you used (RLMxx)? I build 190A-3 and choose Mr.Color's paints.

The pattern is standard 74 75 76. Mr.Color's they are wonderful colours. I was guided by them when I mixed my paints, but made some adjustments.

3 hours ago, Sasha As said:

Выкройка стандартная 74 75 76. У Mr.Color чудесные цвета. Я ориентировался на них, когда смешивал краски, но внес некоторые коррективы.

Thank you. Eduard 190's has good instructions with color schemes. I've used them to order some I need.

On 9/28/2022 at 8:08 PM, Troy Molitor said:

Lovely effort Sasha. Were there any added main canopy frame armour added to this aircraft?  Just curious.  Seriously gorgeous efforts going on here.  

Troy thank you! From the photo of this aircraft it is difficult to tell if there is additional armoured glass in the side windows of the cockpit canopy. I think it was there. In the spring of '44 there was no problem with armoured glass supply yet. But from the autumn the problems were evident and the assault groups received the R-8 modification.

• 2 weeks later...

Sasha

I am a big fan of the Butcher Bird and your representation of this particular airframe is really wonderful.  Your work on the engine in particular is phenomenal - I have never seen such good brushwork!  I like also how you detailed the wiring in the wheel wells and then built up the finish on them - I also like how you did the gear doors - these look very realistic. 

Well done - this is a fantastic piece of work!

Kind regards,

Paul