Euro Model Expo 2022 - the LSP share (some of it...)

dutik

Hello!

The Euro Model Expo at Lingen on the Ems in Germany was on the air again after a Covid related hiatus of 3 years, 26th and 27th of March. I'll show you some of the LSP stuff that was there. Didn't get all, some photos had also to be dustbinned. But we have a lot. A bit. I will load them up step by step. If you have questions, feel free to ask. Let's go!

STOP!!!!

Safety first!

imgp48705ujkj.jpg

The rescue chopper is in full readyness now!

Enjoy!

- dutik

Let's start with my own display. Of course there are some LSPs:

imgp4816pejlp.jpg

Schiebel S-100 camcopter, Natter, V-1 to the left.

Don't know who built the following models, but they are nice, indeed.

imgp48434mj8x.jpg

imgp488432kht.jpg

imgp4900m6k1a.jpg

imgp4901v5jxw.jpg

imgp49023njay.jpg

Not a LSP, a quarterscaler, but a very unusual camouflage. And it is large, so it is here:

imgp4905zfj2d.jpg

imgp4906ibkdy.jpg

imgp4907phk9p.jpg

imgp4908uvkan.jpg

Enjoy!

- dutik

More of the good stuff, vintage now, built by Olaf Krabbenhoeft from Germany

imgp4916h3ki8.jpg

imgp49181gkh7.jpg

This is the Gotha UWD. A one-off made by Gotha, and if you look at this you know why:

imgp49213yj63.jpg

Now, the lower wings are not swept back, but tilted upwards. At least one good thing about this construction: If it submerged the crew had some time to grab their stuff...

And it actually sank after a hard landing, indeed.

More recent stuff:

imgp4925vtku8.jpg

A truly iconic bird and a wonderful build: It has light and the engines begin to turn one afther another.

imgp4926asj0p.jpg

The modeler built another Lancaster (you see the crew walking in the background), but my photos were crap. Same modeler, both models with light too:

imgp49296jjkx.jpg

imgp493241kd9.jpg

Another modeler:

imgp49369ejll.jpg

imgp4937ypjtl.jpg

imgp4939ooj78.jpg

That's it for today. More to come tomorrow. Ben Schumachers builds still ahead!

Regards

- dutik

Vielen Dank für die schönen Fotos Dutik!

There are certainly a lot of beautiful models to admire in your shots.  The first photos of your builds is pretty cool, I really like the trench mortar.  

Olaf Krabbenhöft is certainly a very talented modeller; I remember the outstanding 1/72 scale U-558 diorama he built over a decade ago - a real eye-catcher that was.  Hopefully model expos will return to southern Germany in the near future.  And if they do, I will try to travel to one or two and take some photos.

Grüße,

Ernst  

1 hour ago, Greif8 said:

Vielen Dank für die schönen Fotos Dutik!

There are certainly a lot of beautiful models to admire in your shots.  The first photos of your builds is pretty cool, I really like the trench mortar.  

Olaf Krabbenhöft is certainly a very talented modeller; I remember the outstanding 1/72 scale U-558 diorama he built over a decade ago - a real eye-catcher that was.  Hopefully model expos will return to southern Germany in the near future.  And if they do, I will try to travel to one or two and take some photos.

Grüße,

Ernst  

It is a 24 cm M.98 mortar of the k.u.k. Austro-Hungarian Army, placed somewhere in the Alpes in 1916. Isonzo front that was. Kit by CMK, figure too. The kit is a gem, full resin, fits like a glove, shake'n bake. No putty needed. Some close-ups just for you:

24cm-25znkrn.jpg

24cm-261zkdy.jpg

24cm-27yrk3l.jpg

24cm-15lkj5j.jpg

Enjoy!

- dutik

imgp4950efk18.jpg

We have a winner!

imgp4952k5knb.jpg

imgp4954ytksx.jpg

imgp4959zjjy1.jpg

imgp4958j6khu.jpg

I've tried to take some photos of the interior, but my camera did focus on the doors or outer fuselage only. Maybe I'll read the manual one day to sort out how to change the settings of the autofocus <_<

imgp4973gtjt9.jpg

imgp497798jwz.jpg

imgp4978yhkgv.jpg

This one was the winner of my personal "Ugliest camouflage" trophy:

imgp4981gfj4x.jpg

The Ukrainians have a splendid digital camo for aircraft. This should suit the Mig much better...

Edit: Becaus this has been misunderstood - there is nothing wrong with painting skills of the builder. He did a fine job. It is just the pattern and color composition of the real thing. Not the fault of the modeller - I am blaming someone in Ukraine to paint a Mig this odd way.

Another contest winner:

imgp4997mnkxu.jpg

A blast from the past now. Quarterscale, but a reminder how modelling worked back then in the 80s:

imgp5031ywjxk.jpg

imgp5032fejky.jpg

Back then there was no decal set for this outfit so the builder used generic numbers and handpainted the "City of Jacksonville" slogan. The 135 white stars (135!!!) were all cut out by hand from white decal paper :blink: and applied one by one :punk: Of course there was also no white decal paper available in Germany back then. He had to order a sheet from UK... Think about this when painting your next model ^_^

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

Bens stuff is following now. You know, the highlight of the show comes at the end :D

All photos from the booth of the naval aviation special interest group:

imgp5042qpk35.jpg

imgp5043cgknn.jpg

This is the bridge of the CVN Enterprise in quarterscale. If you don't know about the background of this model: There is the austrian modeller Mr. Thomas Matzer, who has the dream to build the whole Big E as a RC controlled floatable quarterscale model. How do you bring a man to the moon? You break the whole task into a lot of small tasks and complete one task after the other. Same here :punk:

imgp5029f7j0d.jpg

imgp5027ajk2c.jpg

imgp5026rhj2l.jpg

imgp5025b9klr.jpg

imgp5020vmkew.jpg

imgp5018tuk75.jpg

imgp501633j90.jpg

imgp501547kki.jpg

imgp5012t6kkn.jpg

Enjoy!

- dutik

Edited by dutik

And the last load of photos.

Trigger warning: :fight:

You may see a lot of large scale models that might be never done as a LSP kit. So maybe you will never be able to build one of the beloved aircraft types you see here... :crying:

imgp5024mxk6v.jpg

No, Ben will not print a limited series of Tiger kits. I've asked him about this. He said that the for the CAD available basic datas were way to crude to print a model in good quality. Everything had to be filled and sanded a lot after printing to achieve an at least acceptable surface quality. The printed results are too far away from acceptable standards to be sold to somebody. So no Tiger kit, no Vigilante kit, no Osprey kit, no you-name-it kit :crying:

imgp50236bj4a.jpg

imgp5022p7j7i.jpg

imgp5021hkj2f.jpg

imgp50145ek5d.jpg

imgp50111nko2.jpg

imgp5009izj6a.jpg

imgp5010l3kly.jpg

So that's it with the LSP images from the Euro Model Expo 2022. There were some more nice LSP models, but I've mised to take photos; also some photos were too bad to post them and got deleted.

So enjoy what you see here

- dutik

Edited by dutik