Zoukei Mura 1/32 Kawasaki Ki-100-I Type 5

Kagemusha

There will be two versions, one with a "fast back" (Ki-100 Otsu) and one with a "razorback" (Ki-100 Ko). It is not possible to just "graft" a "radial engine nose" to any existing 1/32 Ki-61 kits because the Ki-100 is not based on the "vanilla" Ki-61-i but rather on the modified Ki-61-ii. To start with, the Ki-61-ii had a different tail fin and canopy/windscreen. Then there are multiple differences in the cockpit, a different instrument panel, a different floor with different fuel selector and pump levers, different hydraulics control panel and a radically different throttle quadrant because the radial engine required different controls. The treadplates on the wings near the wing root were moved in order to make room for the large fuselage fairings that blended the radial engine to the fuselage. 

As for the other kits announced, please have some patience, making models takes a long time and Covid is affecting everything right now. 

Radu  

Edited by Radub

3 hours ago, Radub said:

There will be two versions, one with a "fast back" (Ki-100 Otsu) and one with a "razorback" (Ki-100 Ko). It is not possible to just "graft" a "radial engine nose" to any existing 1/32 Ki-61 kits because the Ki-100 is not based on the "vanilla" Ki-61-i but rather on the modified Ki-61-ii. To start with, the Ki-61-ii had a different tail fin and canopy/windscreen. Then there are multiple differences in the cockpit, a different instrument panel, a different floor with different fuel selector and pump levers, different hydraulics control panel and a radically different throttle quadrant because the radial engine required different controls. The treadplates on the wings near the wing root were moved in order to make room for the large fuselage fairings that blended the radial engine to the fuselage. 

As for the other kits announced, please have some patience, making models takes a long time and Covid is affecting everything right now. 

Radu  

Yeah, so an easy conversion ;-)

I hadn't realized there was a razorback version planned. I'll patiently wait for that one. Or, do both!

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

2 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

Yeah, so an easy conversion ;-)

I hadn't realized there was a razorback version planned. I'll patiently wait for that one. Or, do both!

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

As others mentioned, the CAD rendering shown in the opening post of this thread features the rear cockpit details typical of the "Ko" razorback.

Radu

Edited by Radub

6 hours ago, Radub said:

Radu  

A big amen to this.  All of this unempathetic, selfish complaining in a Ki.100 thread about other kits not being released quick enough to suit everyone's schedule is tiresome.

1 hour ago, esarmstrong said:

A big amen to this.  All of this unempathetic, selfish complaining in a Ki.100 thread about other kits not being released quick enough to suit everyone's schedule is tiresome.

This happens EVERY time a new kit is announced for a manufacturer that people like is announced.  Same with any Tamiya announcement, even if they simply announce the existence of a new kit without specifying what it is, or even what scale.  You just have to tune it out, because it will never stop.

I recall from the Old Man’s Blog that the Fw-190 series took a long time to develop because some engineering puzzles were frustrating, including the rear fuselage. They appear to have cracked that code with a one-piece dorsal section. Solving that problem may have cleared the path for kitting the different Ki-100 fuselages. Same goes for the Kawasaki’s Fw-190 inspired engine installation: getting the Focke -Wulf kits engines right prepared ZM for the Kawasaki series. Just like the real thing.

Adam

This is a public forum of individuals, right?  Everyone is valued for their own opinions and interpretations.  This is an awesome site.  If a manufacturer deems it necessary to commit to releasing information to an up coming example and it never seems to comes to reality.  Well, to each his own however, some simply wonder what happened.  Why do you need to comment to someones inquisitive comment on a variant mentioned by a manufacturer several times already?   I'm wondering why we don't have more Hs 129 examples but don't need a pedantic reply as to why it never happened.  I don't even ask the question in the first place,   Keep it simple gents.  Don't slam individuals that contribute way more than their share to other LSP questions and ask simple questions why.      

1 minute ago, MikeMaben said:

Sure, but when ???

zQmg59n.jpg

Ndx07MY.jpg

:shrug:

The FW 190 is coming, please have a little more patience. As I said above, making the moulds takes time. Making moulds during COVID takes even longer. Please keep in mind that the COVID restrictions applied in Japan were very different from the restrictions applied in Europe or USA. China also implemented their own restrictions, which, again, were different from the restrictions applied in Europe and USA. Trust me, no one wants these delays. 
By the way, Mike, those FW 190 3D prints in your attached images are very old and no longer relevant. More up-to-date 3D prints were shown at ZM’s 10th anniversary event that was held in January, those photos can be seen in the Old Man’s Blog. 

Radu

Radu

Just now, Radub said:

The FW 190 is coming, please have a little more patience. As I said above, making the moulds takes time. Making moulds during COVID takes even longer. Please keep in mind that the COVID restrictions applied in Japan were very different from the restrictions applied in Europe or USA. China also implemented their own restrictions, which, again, were different from the restrictions applied in Europe and USA. Trust me, no one wants these delays. 
By the way, Mike, those FW 190 3D prints in your attached images are very old and no longer relevant. More up-to-date 3D prints were shown at ZM’s 10th anniversary event that was held in January, those photos can be seen in the Old Man’s Blog. 

Radu

Radu

Thanks Radu, I know the mockups are just that and not final (both of those pix are about 2 years old). They've got boxart

for the A-4 and A-3 so I know it' still in process. I also know about the global supply chain issues and that China's zero covid

policy is actually impossible as this virus is never going to be wiped out completely (like the flu).  I can be patient , I just have

to whine about something every once in a while.  :crying: