1/24 Airfix Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat...One HELL of a Cat

CraigH

13 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

That's awesome! Engine, cockpit, paint and weathering are spot on! 

Great job! I have one to build too.

Cheers...Ron

Thanks Ron. It's a lovely model to build, good luck

16 hours ago, chuck540z3 said:

Great job Craig!  It was fun collaborating with you on the oil lines and antenna wiring and I'm glad we finally sorted things out, so that others don't have to.  It's also cool to see how 2 different modelers attack the same kit to come up with something very similar, yet different enough to make them both very unique.  Congrat's on a happy ending!

Cheers,

Chuck

thank you Chuck, I've enjoyed it too. Yours is looking superb. Love the landing gear

5 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Craig, 

That is one heckuva a BEAUTY .

:wub:

I absolutely  love it, especially the Engine... its immaculate and pristinely finished.   :wow:

The Cockpit is AMAZING   too.

:clap2:

(maybe you could post the pictures of the cockpit and engine in LSP Engines &LSP Cockpits thread.. that would be forever in there... thank you. :bow:  )

KUDOS  on a STUNNING  build/model.

:bow:

Soon as I'm back off hols I will. Feel like I've earned a holiday:BANGHEAD2::lol:

It looks gorgeous!  Any chance you can post a photo showing the immense scale of this model?

Like a shot of it sitting on your work bench with a bunch of stuff surrounding it, to give it a sense of scale?

I have yet to see one of these built in real life!

On 3/29/2022 at 6:21 PM, ringleheim said:

It looks gorgeous!  Any chance you can post a photo showing the immense scale of this model?

Like a shot of it sitting on your work bench with a bunch of stuff surrounding it, to give it a sense of scale?

I have yet to see one of these built in real life!

Hope this will doanydqsd.jpg

or this from WIPACPtdKb.jpg

As you might have noticed, all the photos from my RFI gallery have vanished, purely because I wasn't happy with them. I've reposted below with some extra ones taken before I sell the damn thing, love it as I do. Just some tweaks on exposure and shadows and a little on temperature. I think they show the stressed skin effect better particularly around the tail fin. Also shows the cockpit and IP from Airscale in a bit better light. Added a couple of the fuel tank too. I didn't feel I could show the "dropped and dragged along the floor" look without doing them as stand alone.

It'll be gone soon then it's the long wait for an anticipated end of September release date for the 1/24 Spitfire MkIXc from Airfix. Now THAT, I am looking forward to building.

Important to say, I only ever use post production to try and recreate what I see with my eye, but on the photo. Never, ever any removal of faults, errors or anything else. It's warts and all. Thanks again for looking.

asrg73P.jpg

uftJVhd.jpg

IQLrxDh.jpg

ooHIRPZ.jpg

1LOhPBl.jpg

bJ0HVmE.jpg

h6AaBfJ.jpg

4MpNCbU.jpg

EmLXfu9.jpg

gKL2LIc.jpg

dRRuCGN.jpg

I41YrrT.jpg