THE SHARK HAS LANDED! Curtiss Tomahawk 112sqn RAF

quang

Beautiful job Quang. 

Was it this build that first highlighted the differential exhaust staining based on prop direction and subsequent prop wash?

If so, I'd like to thank you for educating me. That was never something I'd even thought about in the past but I'll be sure to study my references much more intently from now on. :speak_cool:

Lovely model. Thanks for sharing. :bow:

48 minutes ago, geedubelyer said:

Was it this build that first highlighted the differential exhaust staining based on prop direction and subsequent prop wash?

If so, I'd like to thank you for educating me. That was never something I'd even thought about in the past but I'll be sure to study my references much more intently from now on. :speak_cool:

I don’t know whether I’m the first one to mention it but the first time I noticed it was when I was doing the infamous oil streaks on a Skyraider. 
I noticed that the streaks were different on the right and left sides of the fuselage, both in shape and in colours. I then discovered that the number of exhaust pipes was not the same on the port and starboard sides, hence the difference between the streaks. :coolio: Glad you like the WIP!

@mozart @zaxos345 @Tolga ULGUR Thank you friends for your kind words!

Now onto the next victim :D

Cheers,

Quang

Glad you like the build, Maru :)
@waroff is one of a kind. He’s sort of a national (French) treasure. His natural territory is French-speaking forums.
I’m trying to lure him into LSP :P

Edited by quang

Beautiful result, Quang! Very fine modelling indeed.

29 minutes ago, quang said:

is one of a kind. He’s sort of a national (French) treasure. His natural territory is French-speaking forums.
I’m trying to lure him into LSP :P

I seem to recall he was mastering a resin kit here a few years back, but I never saw it announced for sale or available anywhere (it was a French WW2 twin, but I don't recall exactly what it was). Did it ever get finished or released?

Kev

41 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I seem to recall he was mastering a resin kit here a few years back, but I never saw it announced for sale or available anywhere (it was a French WW2 twin, but I don't recall exactly what it was). Did it ever get finished or released?

You mean this?

9093-F906-9096-4626-B45-B-26405-E4-D22-C

I saw on a forum that many people (inc. LSPers) were interested to buy when it’s ready. But that was before my time. I don’t know what happened. Maybe you can ask waroff when he ‘s around?

37 minutes ago, quang said:

You mean this?

9093-F906-9096-4626-B45-B-26405-E4-D22-C

I saw on a forum that many people (inc. LSPers) were interested to buy when it’s ready. But that was before my time. I don’t know what happened. Maybe you can ask waroff when he ‘s around?

Here's the thread in question, but I won't contaminate yours with this segue any further!

Kev

Superb result!  I’m bookmarking your build for when I get around to building my copy of this kit.  Your attention to all of the little details has really made this one shine!

Truly beautiful work!  And instructional too!  Thank you for the nice tutorial on the oil staining.  That is one thing that I need to get more comfortable with as it can yield effects that are not obtainable otherwise.

1 hour ago, quang said:

Also note that the streak doesn’t go as a continuous flow but rather by puffs. An observant eye is the modeller’s secret weapon :P

…..and an artist’s…..when I’m painting I spend as much time looking as applying paint……but you’d know all about that Quang! 

4 minutes ago, mozart said:

…..and an artist’s…..when I’m painting I spend as much time looking as applying paint……but you’d know all about that Quang! 

Staple food, Max :coolio: