Trumpeter buys KH / PM molds

KAGNEW

I'm actually quite excited about this. Using Trumpeter's plastic, which is more rigid than Kittyhawk's was, might solve some of the warp and fit issues that plagued some of their kits. Here's to hoping they release the entire range, which, knowing Trumpeter and what we've seen from them, is exactly what they'll do. We'll get worse decals, of course :-p

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Wonder if that includes stuff supposedly in development?  While I loved their 1/48th UH-1D, would love a larger scale one (I know it was all rumors). With the current conflict in Ukraine, doubtful that we'll see anything from ICM either. Otherwise my old 1/32 Huey sits in the build pile silently waiting to be restarted...

17 hours ago, KAGNEW said:

Trumpeter will buy molds made by Kitty Hawk /Panda models soon. watch the shelves soon.

I'm not sure about that 'soon': when Trumpeter purchased Tristar moulds, it took them a couple of years to put the first kits into production.

Oh that's great news. Hope that includes the 1/32 Mirage 2000C and Sabre Dog kits. Assuming same art on Trumpy boxes and decals. 

Might encourage derivative versions with some new extra parts. 

And what's Mr Song doing? Wonder if that hoped-for Sepecat Jaguar will ever emerge?

Tony 

10 hours ago, easixpedro said:

Wonder if that includes stuff supposedly in development?  While I loved their 1/48th UH-1D, would love a larger scale one (I know it was all rumors). With the current conflict in Ukraine, doubtful that we'll see anything from ICM either. Otherwise my old 1/32 Huey sits in the build pile silently waiting to be restarted...

It would be nice to see a large scale Huey in 1/35 scale. 

I for one was very bummed when I heard they shut down as the next H-60 model to be released was supposed to have been a MH-60M. 

Tim

19 minutes ago, Hawkwrench said:

It would be nice to see a large scale Huey in 1/35 scale. 

Tim

What is wrong with the Academy 1/35 Huey series? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I am not a big follower of Helicomtomiter kits but I do have on Academy one and it seems nice.